JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No surprise. It's gradual, selective, persistent and with no perceivable and consistent rationale. Like anti-2a responses in general.

I have never been forced to use YouTube, or Twitter or Facebook.
I'm not sure but I don't think there's a law that says I have to use them.
Hmmm.
In 10 years those sites will consist of snowflakes posting selfies back and forth.
We had a neighbor poke fun at us because we don't use YouTube, Facebook etc..
She asked what was wrong with us.
I told her my wife and I have common sense and can think for ourselves.
She doesn't talk to us any longer.
If I'd only known it was that easy................:s0092:

Let's hope Dennis Prager wins his law suit and these monopolies lose the protection of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.

American Conservative said:
What Hughes does not discuss, and what too often goes unremarked on in discussions of Big Tech's power, is how a special government privilege, Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, allowed for this growth. This provision protects internet platforms like Facebook and Google from liability for statements and content its users generate.

This legal protection—not accorded to newspapers or other fora—created the internet as we know it. Protection from liability for any false or injurious content their users post has permitted the social media giants to allow the incredibly freewheeling discussions and commentary that we have come to expect from the internet. Exemplary is Facebook's response to the recently circulated doctored video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. In a statement to The Washington Post, Facebook said: "We don't have a policy that stipulates that the information you post on Facebook must be true." In addition, this legal protection has also helped create the lucrative tech behemoths and further their dominance in attracting advertisers. This dominance has gutted the advertising revenue streams of local, regional, and even national media outlets—outlets that do not enjoy the privileges of Section 230.

But what is particularly bizarre, ironic, and deeply destructive to public discourse is that, though Congress passed Section 230 to promote a free and open internet, Facebook, Twitter, and Google now use it to advocate for an open internet while at the same time justifying their censorship regimes.

Ray

Hmmm.
In 10 years those sites will consist of snowflakes posting selfies back and forth.

Listen hard to what Candace Owens and Lauren Chen are saying about social media , culture and what is being missed, they are hitting the nail on the head.

Hmmm.

EBF70D72-D227-42A9-A127-7310DA56753C.gif

Hmmm.
A buddy of mine from high school put me in touch with a girl from school I was pretty good friends (nothing romantic) with last year. We texted a few times and then she asked me if I was on bookface. I said nope and I don't plan to. She got all upset about that. I asked what was wrong with texts and email or phone calls? Never heard back from her. It's been a year since that happened and around 30 years since high school. Well, have a nice life.

They are removing more and more STUFF - conservative, libertarian, classical liberal, etc. stuff not just guns as we have discussed before. It is getting much, much worse and they are saying that some things are bad just because they do not agree with one view! You have to only agree to THEIR VIEW and all other views are NOT allowed. They are even going after some people talking about 'space' and other issues that have NOTHING to do with politics, guns or religion!

Religious, political, news reels, debates, forums, etc. that discuss everything from A to Z in all types of GOOD DISCUSSIONS - stateside and international.

They are erasing it all SLOWLY and speeding up in some alternative news (I am NOT talking about AJ and some like him now!) more and more.

It is really SAD and pathetic when it comes to ERASING HISTORY or only showing one side of the issue or only TWO MAIN VIEWPOINTS or 2 news stations.

Cate

I had a list of some other places where you could get old debates and history online and not just on You Tube.

There are many discussions on some of those links and websites.

I like to listen to them in the wee hours or when I am tired - lying down.

A few places caved in like You Tube but some others did not.

I never did Fakebook, Twitter or those things but I have done old boards, old forums, old groups, etc. whether I belonged to them and posted or ONLY READ them when they existed.

I personally know people who got ticked off because I REFUSED TO JOIN FAKEBOOK and post when I had a cup of coffee or ate my dinner or some other bs - boring deal. Some old gun and political buddies made up one or more FAKEBOOK GROUPS and I did not join them. They left some old boards/forums years ago.

Some other people wanted me to join FAKEBOOK to share my life with them and meet other people that I knew in the past or to meet new people. They said it was fun and I could post pictures of my/our life and we could look at their pictures. Vacations and other family or friends.

NO thanks!

I absolutely DETEST TWITTER OR TWEETS OR WHATEVER they want to call that piece of salami!

It is bad enough when people sit across from one another at a dining room table (Public or private!) and they type or text or whatever the heck it is called and they NEVER LOOK AT ONE ANOTHER IN THE EYES OR EVEN TALK TO ONE ANOTHER! I have seen that in real life and when they are walking around and NOT looking at where they are going! That goes for dumb bunny and DANGEROUS drivers who type/text too!

Cate

Last Edited:
I never used AMAZON either.

I wouldn't give that man (Bezos!) the sweat off of my brow.

Cate

I don't like what Youtube is doing but my libertarian bent makes me think that they should be allowed to do so, as a non-government/public entity. Our choice to patronize their platform is ours to make. There are other competing platforms but they just haven't caught on in the mainstream yet. It was a risky bet for those who depended on Youtube for substantial income. Fortunately some have figured out how to compensate for the loss of youtube income (albeit many are begging on Patreon).

I think most creators would be ok with rules, if they weren't always moving the goalposts. Or equally enforcing them across party lines for that matter.

Like many things in life , it should be simple...
If the channel in question is not violating or advocating the breaking of a law...then is should stay...

If one wants to watch a certain channel that has certain subjects ...then watch ..if one doesn't , then don't....
Just don't make my choice for me.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews