JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1.50" at 100 yds while plenty accurate for hunting purposes does not really smack of precision reloading techniques. Most of my rifles will do that with mid price factory fodder. With tuned reloads my hunting rifles will shoot 1" or better 5 shot groups. I still do some of the things like primer pocket uniforming and flash hole deburring as it only needs to be done once. Some of the other stuff like neck only sizing, neck uniforming, weighing bullets and brass and checking loaded ammo for concentricity has fallen by the wayside for me as those procedures I found had diminishing returns for me. Part of my regular routine does include neck brushing but I have no idea how it would affect accuracy if I stopped. Do what works for you because as always YMMV.

The Die has nothing to do with the concentricity of the neck to the Cartridge except that it re- forms the diameter again while extruding the anvil into the case. I have found that it does help some, it you rotate the case 3-4 times when pressing in the bullet. Lift rotate, Lift rotate, Lift rotate. It tries to press the bullet on centerline a little better. A lot depends on how well the case is formed through the process.... Carbide dies do work the best, but they are very expensive for general re-loading. I only have one, and that is for my .243. I am not into absolute pin-point shooting. I shoot to ensure I can cover 1-1/2" at 100 yds every time, every round. That is for my hunting and not for paper piercing. I can't bring meat home from the Range...LOL I shoot Sporting fire arms, and not precision paper punchers. I can cover 1-1/2 + at 200 yds with my 6.5 Creedmoor and that my friend, brings home dinner with the hair on it....
Keep shooting straight....
Larry243
I don't think you really read or understood my post.

1.50" at 100 yds while plenty accurate for hunting purposes does not really smack of precision reloading techniques. Most of my rifles will do that with mid price factory fodder. With tuned reloads my hunting rifles will shoot 1" or better 5 shot groups. I still do some of the things like primer pocket uniforming and flash hole deburring as it only needs to be done once. Some of the other stuff like neck only sizing, neck uniforming, weighing bullets and brass and checking loaded ammo for concentricity has fallen by the wayside for me as those procedures I found had diminishing returns for me. Part of my regular routine does include neck brushing but I have no idea how it would affect accuracy if I stopped. Do what works for you because as always YMMV.

I currently also do the same....
Some things are like false Economics!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top