JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a large stock of 300 wby brass and now I need some WinMag brass. It sizes but the base of the shoulder gets little wrinkles where the blend line of the 2 radii meet. Some almost look like cracks. It's all been fired but I have some boxed once fired and they form super easy and no cracks.
The tough ones are super hard to form, in fact I switched over to the RCBS BMG press because it was too tough for my Hornady LNL.

Should I try annealing? Using sizing wax which helps.

1000002228.jpg

I have a large stock of 300 wby brass and now I need some WinMag brass. It sizes but the base of the shoulder gets little wrinkles where the blend line of the 2 radii meet. Some almost look like cracks. It's all been fired but I have some boxed once fired and they form super easy and no cracks.
The tough ones are super hard to form, in fact I switched over to the RCBS BMG press because it was too tough for my Hornady LNL.

Should I try annealing? Using sizing wax which helps.

View attachment 1781775
Are you lubing inside the case mouths?

Try leaving the decapping rod out of the sizing die in the initial resize, trim to length and the second pass through leave the decapping rod in the sizing die. I also use plenty of imperial sizing wax. By not leaving the decapping rod in the initial pass it reduces stress on the case. Works for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top