JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On that note; a super light lever-gun in .30 Carbine that feeds from M1 magazines. Standard is a flush fitting 5-rounder. But 15 and 30 rounders work for the silliness. :p

(And I'm not completely loco; there were .30 Carbine leverguns back in the day. No idea, though I doubt, they ran from standard magazines.)

I've always wanted one of these!

I had one of those for years. It took two (2) trips back to the factory for it to even cycle. After that? Holy space pickles ... what a beauty! Gracefully handling, hard hitting, 10 freaking rounds of .45/70 on tap ... just a delight all around. The only mod was my wife wrapped paracord around the lever for me. After I had my first child I dumped some guns. This one went in that era. Regret? Yes and no. That was a damn fine rifle, but the time was right to refocus on other things. (The rest of the "pews" sold then, meh, couldn't care less.)

Long story short (yah, I know, "too late muchacho") if you acquire one, I doubt you'll be disappointed. Just be aware that if new, it might require some interaction with the company.

Cheers. :s0155:

On that note; a super light lever-gun in .30 Carbine that feeds from M1 magazines. Standard is a flush fitting 5-rounder. But 15 and 30 rounders work for the silliness. :p

(And I'm not completely loco; there were .30 Carbine leverguns back in the day. No idea, though I doubt, they ran from standard magazines.)
You might want to write to Kahr with that idea.
That guy is pretty friendly and willing to talk to people.
I don't think it would be that much of a stretch to mod an AO M1 from gas-op to Lever.

...so...this....

1599190108064.png

...plus this....

1599190135906.png

...might end up something like this....

1599190177542.png

I don't have any figures, but it seems to me Marlin didn't many in said. Still, that would be quite neat-o. Presumably, one could run .32 S&W, .32 Long, .32 H&R Magnum, and .327 Federal in the same carbine. :)

I may have emailed big horn armory about a dream lever gun. Their 454 casull model, but with a threaded barrel, or 500 S & W, but the threaded barrel would be a must. I have a capable suppressor, and yes, if they will do it reasonably, I will get one I think.

You might want to write to Kahr with that idea.
That guy is pretty friendly and willing to talk to people.
I don't think it would be that much of a stretch to mod an AO M1 from gas-op to Lever.

...so...this....

View attachment 744691

...plus this....

View attachment 744692

...might end up something like this....

View attachment 744693

Right you are! Marlin 62 - a "Levermatic" short throw in .30 cal. I've always thought that their 4 round mag was a mistake when their major competitor would have been inexpensive semi-automatic M1 carbines in the mid to late 1960s.

The .22 cal versions (Marlin 56 and Marlin 57) with the lever action are fun to shoot but the 4 round Marlin 62s would have been somewhat frustrating.

I was watching one on Gunbroker last week that went for $905 and wondered at the time if one could 3-D print a bigger mag for it.

Link to the thread?
Ya know, some times I am reallllllllly slow... Since this is a lever thread, @F2CMaDMaXX was probably asking about this link.

It would be nice if they had an octagon barrel that was an integral suppressor such that you could not tell it was a suppressor at first glance.
I could imagine it looking like an octagon version of a Remington Autoloading Rifle, which would be pretty cool.
Autoloading Rifle.jpg

I may have emailed big horn armory about a dream lever gun. Their 454 casull model, but with a threaded barrel, or 500 S & W, but the threaded barrel would be a must. I have a capable suppressor, and yes, if they will do it reasonably, I will get one I think.

I really like their rifles, but my budget doesn't allow for the cost.

It would be nice to have one in .460 as I have a 460 V, but then I also have a .45-70 and it will do everything the .460 would and then some. For that same reason I don't get a Rossi/etc. in .45 LC or .454; the .460 in a handgun is more powerful than the .45 LC or .454 from a rifle - the only advantage of the rifle then would be the longer sight radius and I can put a scope on the handgun.

But if I had a dream budget, I would get the BHA rifle in .460 - with a 16" octagon barrel.

I really like their rifles, but my budget doesn't allow for the cost.

It would be nice to have one in .460 as I have a 460 V, but then I also have a .45-70 and it will do everything the .460 would and then some. For that same reason I don't get a Rossi/etc. in .45 LC or .454; the .460 in a handgun is more powerful than the .45 LC or .454 from a rifle - the only advantage of the rifle then would be the longer sight radius and I can put a scope on the handgun.

But if I had a dream budget, I would get the BHA rifle in .460 - with a 16" octagon barrel.
I am debating the 454 casull which has a comfortable recoil or should I go with the 500 s &W magnum which is cheaper and I can suppress too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top