JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On that note; a super light lever-gun in .30 Carbine that feeds from M1 magazines. Standard is a flush fitting 5-rounder. But 15 and 30 rounders work for the silliness. :p

(And I'm not completely loco; there were .30 Carbine leverguns back in the day. No idea, though I doubt, they ran from standard magazines.)

I've always wanted one of these!

I had one of those for years. It took two (2) trips back to the factory for it to even cycle. After that? Holy space pickles ... what a beauty! Gracefully handling, hard hitting, 10 freaking rounds of .45/70 on tap ... just a delight all around. The only mod was my wife wrapped paracord around the lever for me. After I had my first child I dumped some guns. This one went in that era. Regret? Yes and no. That was a damn fine rifle, but the time was right to refocus on other things. (The rest of the "pews" sold then, meh, couldn't care less.)

Long story short (yah, I know, "too late muchacho") if you acquire one, I doubt you'll be disappointed. Just be aware that if new, it might require some interaction with the company.

Cheers. :s0155:

On that note; a super light lever-gun in .30 Carbine that feeds from M1 magazines. Standard is a flush fitting 5-rounder. But 15 and 30 rounders work for the silliness. :p

(And I'm not completely loco; there were .30 Carbine leverguns back in the day. No idea, though I doubt, they ran from standard magazines.)
You might want to write to Kahr with that idea.
That guy is pretty friendly and willing to talk to people.
I don't think it would be that much of a stretch to mod an AO M1 from gas-op to Lever.

...so...this....

1599190108064.png

...plus this....

1599190135906.png

...might end up something like this....

1599190177542.png

I don't have any figures, but it seems to me Marlin didn't many in said. Still, that would be quite neat-o. Presumably, one could run .32 S&W, .32 Long, .32 H&R Magnum, and .327 Federal in the same carbine. :)

I may have emailed big horn armory about a dream lever gun. Their 454 casull model, but with a threaded barrel, or 500 S & W, but the threaded barrel would be a must. I have a capable suppressor, and yes, if they will do it reasonably, I will get one I think.

You might want to write to Kahr with that idea.
That guy is pretty friendly and willing to talk to people.
I don't think it would be that much of a stretch to mod an AO M1 from gas-op to Lever.

...so...this....

View attachment 744691

...plus this....

View attachment 744692

...might end up something like this....

View attachment 744693

Right you are! Marlin 62 - a "Levermatic" short throw in .30 cal. I've always thought that their 4 round mag was a mistake when their major competitor would have been inexpensive semi-automatic M1 carbines in the mid to late 1960s.

The .22 cal versions (Marlin 56 and Marlin 57) with the lever action are fun to shoot but the 4 round Marlin 62s would have been somewhat frustrating.

I was watching one on Gunbroker last week that went for $905 and wondered at the time if one could 3-D print a bigger mag for it.

Link to the thread?
Ya know, some times I am reallllllllly slow... Since this is a lever thread, @F2CMaDMaXX was probably asking about this link.

It would be nice if they had an octagon barrel that was an integral suppressor such that you could not tell it was a suppressor at first glance.
I could imagine it looking like an octagon version of a Remington Autoloading Rifle, which would be pretty cool.
Autoloading Rifle.jpg

I may have emailed big horn armory about a dream lever gun. Their 454 casull model, but with a threaded barrel, or 500 S & W, but the threaded barrel would be a must. I have a capable suppressor, and yes, if they will do it reasonably, I will get one I think.

I really like their rifles, but my budget doesn't allow for the cost.

It would be nice to have one in .460 as I have a 460 V, but then I also have a .45-70 and it will do everything the .460 would and then some. For that same reason I don't get a Rossi/etc. in .45 LC or .454; the .460 in a handgun is more powerful than the .45 LC or .454 from a rifle - the only advantage of the rifle then would be the longer sight radius and I can put a scope on the handgun.

But if I had a dream budget, I would get the BHA rifle in .460 - with a 16" octagon barrel.

I really like their rifles, but my budget doesn't allow for the cost.

It would be nice to have one in .460 as I have a 460 V, but then I also have a .45-70 and it will do everything the .460 would and then some. For that same reason I don't get a Rossi/etc. in .45 LC or .454; the .460 in a handgun is more powerful than the .45 LC or .454 from a rifle - the only advantage of the rifle then would be the longer sight radius and I can put a scope on the handgun.

But if I had a dream budget, I would get the BHA rifle in .460 - with a 16" octagon barrel.
I am debating the 454 casull which has a comfortable recoil or should I go with the 500 s &W magnum which is cheaper and I can suppress too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top