JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Boy howdy, I like how you think! Have thought such a carbine would be great since the first I became aware of the .50 S&W...
Seriously fwiw, I'd consider some kind of suppressor on that for hunting... Obviously tho, it's your rifle and your decision...
Nice little pistol caliber carbine either way!
With suppressor, mine still is far from hearing safe. Just FWIW

Well, I have done it on not one, but 2 of them
9zmx_8xYPqUIYwiwOV3x9SjztoRNeUFa_BhSP2oiQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

After watching this video, I'm thinking a 358 Winchester would be ideal in a lever gun

Sadly, the cartridge has just about sunset, though it can still be had new in a BLR. You can occasionally find one in a Savage 99.

I will take the whelen any day of the week over the 358. To me there is a significant performance difference.
You could use the same argument for almost all the classic lever gun cartridges from 30-30 to 45-70. I'll agree that the Whelen is the superior 35 cartridge, but lever guns chambered for it are rare. While the 358 has less power, it is still very effective and a good match for a lever gun.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top