JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just clicked your link (thanks).
Man, $1239 msrp (guess I shouldn't bubblegum too much. Winchester currently wants $1310 for a 94).
Today's super inflated prices. :s0002:
Box stores will likely price them around $950 or so.
I think I'll wait until they release them in .35.
I look at the MSRP prices and the prices people are asking used and I am SO glad I bought almost all of my guns when prices were much lower.

An affordable 454 Casull 16" barrel. Rossi had a R92 that fit the bill but was never available. Not interested in $3k levers for that caliber.
I have one. An LSI Puma 92 chambered in .454 Casull. Stainless steel with a 16" barrel and fiber-optic sights. A buddy of mine gave it to me way back around 2005 or so. Front sight needs to be JB-Welded back on, but it still works. Can be finicky with anything bigger than 300 grains though.

I love it and I'll never part with it. Although if it's going for $3,000, I can certainly be persuaded lol.

Pum68016.jpg

Haven't read through all 18 pages, so this may be a repeat, but I'd like to see a really modernized adaptation of the lever gun. This might sound sacrilegious to classic lever lovers, but to me a modern adaptation would:
- be magazine-fed (AR-15, AR-10, Glock, Sig, etc)
- have an adjustable stock (not an ugly buffer tube style, but something that enables adjustment of LOP to fit the shooter.
- have a sharper angle on the grip portion of the stock to improve ergonomics, or a pistol grip separate from the stock
- have a top rail for mounting optics
- have M-Lok slots on sides and bottom of the forend for mounting other accesories
- have a threaded barrel
- be able to disassemble or break down easily for cleaning
- be able to collapse or shorten the overall length of the gun for transport (side folding or telescoping stock, takedown barrel assembly, etc)

While this probably sounds like a sketchy franken-build, I think it can be done very tastefully and retain good aesthetics. It won't look like a classic lever, but in my mind a modern adaptation shouldn't need to.
Bond Arms had this at Shot 2023. Hopefully they distance themselves from In-Range, I might buy one if they do.
spectRatio=true&Path=%7e%2fAssets%2fLever_action_3.png

I have one. An LSI Puma 92 chambered in .454 Casull. Stainless steel with a 16" barrel and fiber-optic sights. A buddy of mine gave it to me way back around 2005 or so. Front sight needs to be JB-Welded back on, but it still works. Can be finicky with anything bigger than 300 grains though.

I love it and I'll never part with it. Although if it's going for $3,000, I can certainly be persuaded lol.

View attachment 1400764
I need friends like that!!

Great thread. For me I have 3 lever action dream rifles...

1. Henry X-Model in 45-70

2. Rossi R92 in 357 - this was my first rifle ever and I wish I never sold it

3. Savage model 99 in 300 savage - this rifle i currently own and its a joy to shoot. However, the fit and finish have seen better days. I'd love to find someone who could refinish it to its original glory, but so far have come up empty handed

I had a pre 64 winchester 94 I never shot it. It was a nice rifle. I just never warmed up to the 30-30 cartridge. I wanted something that could reach out to 300 yards.

I had a pre 64 winchester 94 I never shot it. It was a nice rifle. I just never warmed up to the 30-30 cartridge. I wanted something that could reach out to 300 yards.
I grew up with the .30-30 in a 26" (28"?) octagon barrel Win '94 passed down three generations of my family (my brother has it, but has said when he passes I will get it since his kids don't want it). I took deer with it, as did my father. My maternal grandfather hunted deer, bear & elk with it.

I prefer my Marlin 336 youth model 16" barrel, Cerakoted with a Scout Scope. Handy little rifle. I just wish it had an octagon barrel.

View attachment 1400264
Just what I was thinking. Not my style, but they will probably sell a bunch.
Damn! That guy has good eyes! Off hand, iron sight hits at 600 yards is impressive. That 1100+ yard stuff is beyond belief.
I also like his "cheating" by using a spire point bullet. That's something I wanted to try when I had a Savage Super Sporter, but didn't keep that rifle long enough to give it a go.
Almost all of my deer were shot at a distance of less than 30-35 yards, one of them with a 30-30. It's not the cartridge that limits me, it's the lack of optics on my Winchester.

Oh screw that guy. I like it, and that's all that matters! Shot out of a beauty of a barely pre-war model 94 rifle.
AND, that's My "Dream Lever"!

Almost all of my deer were shot at a distance of less than 30-35 yards, one of them with a 30-30. It's not the cartridge that limits me, it's the lack of optics on my Winchester.
...and that's why I sold my 94 and am thinking about a 336 / 30a.
Mount the scope where it's supposed to go, not halfway down the barrel.
Originally, I was thinking 1-4X, but now I'm wondering about something a little more powerful. Should keep the low side under 2x though. Works better in the woods that way.

The capacity would be nice.
Have a 1873 Winchester (Mikoru) in 45 colt that holds 14 rounds.
Bet a 45 auto would hold 20!
And certainly cheaper to shoot for the non-reloading folk.
There is a rimmed version of the ACP round that would work in both revolver and lever gun.
The .45 Auto Rim.
Not a trimmed Colt, though. The rim is thicker on the AR, because it was meant as an alternative to having to use the full/half moon clips in the 1917 guns.
Same size bullet as the Colt round, though.

Last Edited:
Great thread. For me I have 3 lever action dream rifles...

1. Henry X-Model in 45-70

2. Rossi R92 in 357 - this was my first rifle ever and I wish I never sold it

3. Savage model 99 in 300 savage - this rifle i currently own and its a joy to shoot. However, the fit and finish have seen better days. I'd love to find someone who could refinish it to its original glory, but so far have come up empty handed
I have #1 on your list new in the box I might be letting go. I ended up going with the new marlin/ruger 45 70 and then came across a 444 jm stamped Marlin too, so something has to go

I have #1 on your list new in the box I might be letting go. I ended up going with the new marlin/ruger 45 70 and then came across a 444 jm stamped Marlin too, so something has to go
Well keep me posted on if/when you sell. I didn't list in any particular order and the Rossi is actually my first priority. However, if you for sure sell and the price is right I might switch gears.

Wait, did i already mention i want a lever 12ga? I really just want one, and i would love for Henry to make one - there must be some weird issue with 12ga lever actions for them to have a 410 and not a 12ga.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top