JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wait, did i already mention i want a lever 12ga? I really just want one, and i would love for Henry to make one - there must be some weird issue with 12ga lever actions for them to have a 410 and not a 12ga.

Yeah i saw that a year or two ago - it's very tempting, though totally out of stock, and i think it used to be available in a wood option at some point.

There is a rimmed version of the ACP round that would work in both revolver and lever gun.
The .45 Auto Rim.
Not a trimmed Colt, though. The rim is thicker on the AR, because it was meant as an alternative to having to use the full/half moon clips in the 1917 guns.
Same size bullet as the Colt round, though.
There used to be an outfit that converted lever actions to fire semi-auto cartridges, but they stopped doing it. Ranger Point Precision?

My dream lever gun was a factory engraved early Marlin. I wasn't too concerned about the model, but preferred it to be either an 1893, 1894, or 1895 Model, and pre WWI era.
After owning numerous Marlins from this era, I was told by a friend that he had picked up an 1893 Deluxe engraved gun, and was going to sell it!
I knew it was going to be big money, but he was also willing to do some trading! So I packed up some rifles I knew I could live without, and we sat down at his place and did the deal. We were both happy, and I finally got my dream gun.
Since then I've acquired four more factory engraved Marlins, and I'm very lucky to have been able to get all of them!

HWY2kUFl.jpg
JxGjVwWl.jpg
GtJcRjVl.jpg
NM2YIpyl.jpg
2nRqwstl.jpg
1PihhG1l.jpg

.45-70 Browning with a 26" octagonal barrel. First saw one in a Portland gun shop in 2009.
I couldn't find any when I could finally afford to buy one and bought a 24" barrel Winchester/Miroku instead.
Then I saw a Browning for sale and gave it a home.

I just bought my dream levergun the other day. A 16" Ruger/Marlin 45-70 trapper. I already own a jm Marlin 19" guide gun but couldn't bring myself to desecrate it by threading it. So, now I am gtg. The 16" makes more sense with a suppressor and balances better. I removed the ghost ring sight setup and mounted a 1-4x leupold on a warne base with the lowest picatinny rings I could find. A good cheek weld without any stock riser is the end result. A Wild West happy trigger and it will be complete!

Well, I installed the happy trigger tonight on my Ruglin Trapper. I was actually thinking of sending the rifle back to Ruger as it was factory 7-8# with lots of creep. I had my doubts as the happy trigger is just the trigger with no reduced power springs. I installed it and was expecting a much crisper and lighter trigger but maybe still 4-5# pull weight. I was pleasantly surprised when it broke cleanly at just under 3#. My hats off to Wild West guns! While I had the gun apart I inspected, cleaned and lubed the workings. I also patched the bore clean and bore sighted the Leupy. I proclaim this dog ready to hunt!

Well, I installed the happy trigger tonight on my Ruglin Trapper. I was actually thinking of sending the rifle back to Ruger as it was factory 7-8# with lots of creep. I had my doubts as the happy trigger is just the trigger with no reduced power springs. I installed it and was expecting a much crisper and lighter trigger but maybe still 4-5# pull weight. I was pleasantly surprised when it broke cleanly at just under 3#. My hats off to Wild West guns! While I had the gun apart I inspected, cleaned and lubed the workings. I also patched the bore clean and bore sighted the Leupy. I proclaim this dog ready to hunt!
3 lb. trigger. Sweet. :s0155:

Haven't read through all 18 pages, so this may be a repeat, but I'd like to see a really modernized adaptation of the lever gun. This might sound sacrilegious to classic lever lovers, but to me a modern adaptation would:
- be magazine-fed (AR-15, AR-10, Glock, Sig, etc)
- have an adjustable stock (not an ugly buffer tube style, but something that enables adjustment of LOP to fit the shooter.
- have a sharper angle on the grip portion of the stock to improve ergonomics, or a pistol grip separate from the stock
- have a top rail for mounting optics
- have M-Lok slots on sides and bottom of the forend for mounting other accesories
- have a threaded barrel
- be able to disassemble or break down easily for cleaning
- be able to collapse or shorten the overall length of the gun for transport (side folding or telescoping stock, takedown barrel assembly, etc)

While this probably sounds like a sketchy franken-build, I think it can be done very tastefully and retain good aesthetics. It won't look like a classic lever, but in my mind a modern adaptation shouldn't need to.
This has some of those features

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top