JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also aspire to simpler tastes.
One of these new Marlin 336 in .35 would make me happy.
As long as it's accurate, well put together and operates smooth.

I know the trigger will have to be replaced.

Marlin 1894, big loop lever, chambered in 38/357, stainless with threaded muzzle, pistol grip stock with shotgun butt. Only a matter of time till Ruger strikes this vein of gold.

On the classic side, Winchester 1873 in 22lr.

I haven't had a chance to handle the Ruger Marlin. Hoping it's an improvement over the Remlin Marlins and with the new tooling maybe better than the late JM Marlins. And it's what I know. The .35 just because.

Had a JM cowboy model. So pretty I didn't want leave the house. Sold it off. Then came an early JM xlr in 45-70. Old eyes need a scope. Groups 3" at 200 yards with factory trigger and ammo. It will do better with a load work up and Happy Trigger. If the new Ruger Marlins are at least that good I'll be happy until I get the bug for something else.

I always wanted a Savage 99f in a common caliber but man they were always so beat to Jersey and back so never took the plunge. I did somehow find one with maybe 20 or so rounds down the pipe a 99f in 308 and will not leave me now ! I also always wanted a Ruger No1 but the prices were out of my league at the time now have two a red pad 270 and one 243 v. I of course have the basic Henry lever 22lr and the Classic Marlin 39 which has been with me since a kid .

View attachment 1358904 View attachment 1358909 View attachment 1358910
I'm really looking forward to my 99 in 300 Savage. Of all the ones I've picked up at gun shops, it's the first that wasn't a rattle-trap.
Sadly, it's still in jail, waiting on the OSP molasses to flow a little faster.

I haven't had a chance to handle the Ruger Marlin. Hoping it's an improvement over the Remlin Marlins and with the new tooling maybe better than the late JM Marlins. And it's what I know. The .35 just because.

Had a JM cowboy model. So pretty I didn't want leave the house. Sold it off. Then came an early JM xlr in 45-70. Old eyes need a scope. Groups 3" at 200 yards with factory trigger and ammo. It will do better with a load work up and Happy Trigger. If the new Ruger Marlins are at least that good I'll be happy until I get the bug for something else.
...btw, fan of the .35 here, as well.
I've heard the 336's are only .30-30 right now. Hoping I'm either wrong, or the .35's come later.

I'm really looking forward to my 99 in 300 Savage. Of all the ones I've picked up at gun shops, it's the first that wasn't a rattle-trap.
Sadly, it's still in jail, waiting on the OSP molasses to flow a little faster.
I should go shoot this one, huh? I've had it for a few months and haven't had the chance to take it out.

Savage 1.jpg

I should go shoot this one, huh? I've had it for a few months and haven't had the chance to take it out.

View attachment 1399915
Don't be ridiculous.

You should chop the barrel, throw away the scope and burn the stock in bonfire with a dozen pallets.

Now find the cheapest side-folding Choate stock that almost fits, then Dremel and JB Weld it up until it almost doesn't.

Krylon is your friend for getting the barrel & receiver ATAS (All Tactical And Stuff).

Select your favorite fake holosun and mount it to a picatinny rail you're JB Welded to the receiver.

Find the biggest clamp-on flash suppressor you can for the newly hacksaw-shortened barrel.

Using a Sharpie, color the sling black.

You're now ready to resell it for 300% more than you paid for it, not accepting any offers 'cause "you know what you got."

Shooting it will only get it dirty and less photogenic, reducing it's internet cred and value.

Don't be ridiculous.

You should chop the barrel, throw away the scope and burn the stock in bonfire with a dozen pallets.

Now find the cheapest side-folding Choate stock that almost fits, then Dremel and JB Weld it up until it almost doesn't.

Krylon is your friend for getting the barrel & receiver ATAS (All Tactical And Stuff).

Select your favorite fake holosun and mount it to a picatinny rail you're JB Welded to the receiver.

Find the biggest clamp-on flash suppressor you can for the newly hacksaw-shortened barrel.

Using a Sharpie, color the sling black.

You're now ready to resell it for 300% more than you paid for it, not accepting any offers 'cause "you know what you got."

Shooting it will only get it dirty and less photogenic, reducing it's internet cred and value.
And ad some pink somewhere on it!

Not conventional, not normal, not even ...

M '94
26" Octagon barrel
Takedown
Full length magazine tube.
Adaptation of the Remington 141 magazine tube to allow pointed bullets in the tube.
Winchester, Wollensak, Weaver, Malcom, Mosberg, etc, long tube scope.
Bronze mounting blocks, color case hardened rings and hardware.
Backup tang peep sight.
Semi-pistol grip/palm-swell stock, American Walnut.

Does anyone remember a series of articles [sarc]from way back before disco[/sarc]
about using rimless cartridges in classic lever actions?
Even if I can't accomplish the rimless there is the .307 win. (still @ .277 bore)

Leather over reinforced balsa wood clamshell transport case.

RFID access to case and locks for the typical wall hanger position.

I just want to reach out and touch things at near 1,000 yard ranges from a model '94 , with near period optics, that contains pointy bullets that won't chain detonate under recoil.

The question was "My dream lever gun" .

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1369690 (30 cal)
I do have some good wood possibilities but don't mind hearing more.
Rust blue, color case hardening, polishing and I are old friends.

one of these days

Haven't read through all 18 pages, so this may be a repeat, but I'd like to see a really modernized adaptation of the lever gun. This might sound sacrilegious to classic lever lovers, but to me a modern adaptation would:
- be magazine-fed (AR-15, AR-10, Glock, Sig, etc)
- have an adjustable stock (not an ugly buffer tube style, but something that enables adjustment of LOP to fit the shooter.
- have a sharper angle on the grip portion of the stock to improve ergonomics, or a pistol grip separate from the stock
- have a top rail for mounting optics
- have M-Lok slots on sides and bottom of the forend for mounting other accesories
- have a threaded barrel
- be able to disassemble or break down easily for cleaning
- be able to collapse or shorten the overall length of the gun for transport (side folding or telescoping stock, takedown barrel assembly, etc)

While this probably sounds like a sketchy franken-build, I think it can be done very tastefully and retain good aesthetics. It won't look like a classic lever, but in my mind a modern adaptation shouldn't need to.

I just picked up a jm Marlin in 444 I can't wait to shoot it!

Haven't read through all 18 pages, so this may be a repeat, but I'd like to see a really modernized adaptation of the lever gun. This might sound sacrilegious to classic lever lovers, but to me a modern adaptation would:
- have an adjustable stock (not an ugly buffer tube style, but something that enables adjustment of LOP to fit the shooter.
- have a sharper angle on the grip portion of the stock to improve ergonomics, or a pistol grip separate from the stock
- have M-Lok slots on sides and bottom of the forend for mounting other accesories
- have a threaded barrel
- be able to collapse or shorten the overall length of the gun for transport (side folding or telescoping stock, takedown barrel assembly, etc)

While this probably sounds like a sketchy franken-build, I think it can be done very tastefully and retain good aesthetics. It won't look like a classic lever, but in my mind a modern adaptation shouldn't need to.

Tombstone-16-9MM-Right.png

- have a threaded barrel

I believe that @tac, our esteemed member from yUK, posted a video of one that is produced in England and can be shot at an insane rate, like that of a semi-auto AR.

View attachment 1400264
That's definitely a good starting point. Would love to see more companies make stuff like this, but with nicer aesthetics. The aluminum handguard is a little much. Would love to see something more like the Magpul MOE SL or maybe the Beretta CX4 Storm forend.

The website indicates the rifle is available only in .30-30 at this time.

Just clicked your link (thanks).
Man, $1239 msrp (guess I shouldn't bubblegum too much. Winchester currently wants $1310 for a 94).
Today's super inflated prices. :s0002:
Box stores will likely price them around $950 or so.
I think I'll wait until they release them in .35.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top