JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There was an American Rifleman interview earlier this month where Ruger's CEO was talking about the 336 and 1894 coming out later this year. The exact quote from the article:

"And later this year, you'll likely start to see things in the 336 and 1894 family, all those are centerfire lever-action rifles, and they're all part of our product plan going forward," Killoy said.

You can read the brief article here: https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/ruger-re-energizing-marlin-enthusiasts/

Still holding out for a Marlin 39 22lr in stainless. Someday maybe.

tempImageoOL3wb.jpg
99 Savage in .358win

Last Edited:
s1xty7 said:
There was an American Rifleman interview earlier this month where Ruger's CEO was talking about the 336 and 1894 coming out later this year. The exact quote from the article:

"And later this year, you'll likely start to see things in the 336 and 1894 family, all those are centerfire lever-action rifles, and they're all part of our product plan going forward," Killoy said.

You can read the brief article here: https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/ruger-re-energizing-marlin-enthusiasts/

Still holding out for a Marlin 39 22lr in stainless. Someday maybe.
Thanks. That's good to read.

I "had" a Browning 1886 Standard Grade in .45-70 on my personal Christmas list, but BM 114 has disrupted those plans for the time being. So instead......I bought another MP-5. :D

-E-

I always wanted a Savage 99f in a common caliber but man they were always so beat to Jersey and back so never took the plunge. I did somehow find one with maybe 20 or so rounds down the pipe a 99f in 308 and will not leave me now ! I also always wanted a Ruger No1 but the prices were out of my league at the time now have two a red pad 270 and one 243 v. I of course have the basic Henry lever 22lr and the Classic Marlin 39 which has been with me since a kid .

E8BFD25A-352C-4426-BCFC-B49E6D507564.jpeg A0FC7842-7DED-4509-B238-BFCBBBAAB17B.jpeg AA7468D1-CBCA-4063-8866-0AE2DB5AA4EB.jpeg

Last Edited:
I always wanted a Savage 99f in a common caliber but man they were always so beat to Jersey and back so never took the plunge. I did somehow find one with maybe 20 or so rounds down the pipe a 99f in 308 and will not leave me now ! I also always wanted a Ruger No1 but the prices were out of my league at the time now have two a red pad 270 and one 243 v. I of course have the basic Henry lever 22lr and the Classic Marlin 39 which has been with me since a kid .

View attachment 1358904 View attachment 1358909 View attachment 1358910
Right on Porsche.
I wanted a 99A in .300 Savage when I was a kid.
Say, how do you like that little Henry .22 lever gun. Is it as slick as they say?
Pretty accurate?

Right on Porsche.
I wanted a 99A in .300 Savage when I was a kid.
Say, how do you like that little Henry .22 lever gun. Is it as slick as they say?
Pretty accurate?
The Henry is great and does it's thing but you do not want to put it side by side with the Marlin 39 lol. It is slick and does everything that the 39 does but is just not made like back in the day. It is funny going out and shooting with friends when the lever 22's come out people light up and all want a turn .

My dad had a win m70 feather weight in 243. He and I had a hunting trip planned for the year he died. I was 21 and not into guns at the time. My neighbor was my third grandfather. He had a savage 99f in .243 with a Leupold 4x he was going to give me if I could out shoot him with it.
Long story short, it went to his estate and I never got to shoot that beauty. He died about 4months after my father did.
I did get dads 1968 9422. Adding to the 9422 that my actual grandfather gave me. Between those two rifles. We have taken 200-400 squirrels and rabbits to the dinner plate between dad, gramp, and my uncle. Add the unlucky fox or coyote or what ever else was legal in Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, Washington. We have put a few dents and scratches in them. Used well and taken care of well. They will last a few more generations.

Start with this, a Marlin 1894CSBL or SBL, as I like both the .357 and .44 versions. 16" barrel, stainless, and aperture sight.
View attachment 659558

Lose the plywood stock and replace it with a real walnut stock with a straight grip. Or if we have to have a plywood stock, color it brown. Also lose the large lever. Lose the rail atop the receiver and barrel. It would seem easy enough, but the aperture sight mounts to the rail.:confused:

I very much like Trapper-length lever guns.
View attachment 659563
View attachment 660121

But for a truck gun, few are made in stainless.

When Marlin previously made the stainless model in .357, it had an 18-1/2" barrel, but with the desired straight grip walnut stock. So see, they can do it. Combine the best parts of both models.
View attachment 659559

In the meantime, I've got a 336ss in .30-30. Even this could be a dream gun if it had a 16" barrel.
View attachment 659561

I have a real soft spot for lever guns.
I could easily buy the 1894CSBL in the top photo, but they're scarce. I found one in Vancouver for $150 more than shops out of our area that have them in stock. I'm willing to pay that, just for the convenience of having one right in front of me, but now that Oregon residents must pay the sales tax in Vancouver, it adds another $94. Where do I stop?
You're a man of taste. The Marlin 1894 SBL in 45-70 is one sexy lever action. 🤠

The Henry is great and does it's thing but you do not want to put it side by side with the Marlin 39 lol. It is slick and does everything that the 39 does but is just not made like back in the day. It is funny going out and shooting with friends when the lever 22's come out people light up and all want a turn .
Right on. Thanks for the review.

Mine few months away, big horn armory 500 s&w 16" barrel with scout rail and leather goods. At first I wanted 460 s&w, foolishly hopping I can shoot 454 and 45 out of it. But BHA don't guarantee it would cycle properly. So, since I'm spending 3k let it be 500 s&w.
Got hold by Big Horn Armory, it's last stage 4-6 weeks away. Yeah few months turned to be 2 years. I'm happy that I secured 2021 prices. Now basic model 89 starts 4500$.

I guess I have simpler tastes. I just purchased a pre-safety, Rossi 45 Colt SRC in stainless steel a week or so ago off of gun broker. I'm looking forward to it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top