JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
What the heck is up with these new gun laws there passing I mean come on the say that 852 people died because of gun related deaths okay sad yes but what about the death toll regarding drugs seems to me to be a bigger issue these days. Plus most the gun violence that happens in Washington is either gang related or something of the nature so why punish all of use because others can't be responsible adults. Just seems like a bunch of b.s to me

Not sure what gun violence is....
Since a firearm can't do anything until a human interacts with it.
Personally I'm more concerned with the criminal who is violent.
However I digress....

Laws , bans , restrictions , requirements , etc....are only effective if someone chooses to obey / follow them.
So at the end of the day....what we have are laws , bans , restrictions , requirements being obeyed / followed by those that ain't causing problems / weren't the problem in the first place.

A novel approach to crime would be to go after those actually harm others.
( I say novel , because if this were to be done...it would also have to be a fiction story )
Andy

For years wisdom has been flipped on its head. Make Felons of the common man, punish the taxpayer, reward the law breaker and do the bidding of the elite as they pad, they're own pockets.

It's all about creating division between us, constant wars, constant chaos and spun up tribalism as both parties sell this Country down the river.

Like a fiddle we've been played. Just imagine what would happen if we all woke up.

What the heck is up with these new gun laws there passing I mean come on the say that 852 people died because of gun related deaths okay sad yes but what about the death toll regarding drugs seems to me to be a bigger issue these days. Plus most the gun violence that happens in Washington is either gang related or something of the nature so why punish all of use because others can't be responsible adults. Just seems like a bunch of b.s to me
Vote. Every time.

People are dropping dead from drugs daily, law makers do not care. EVERY new gun law only effects those of us who follow the law. So solution? People have to vote, and vote well for many elections. It is the only way to turn this around.

It's an easy sell to folks that don't think things through....which is more than you'd believe. Hard to miss the crime, drug use, general decay of the cities. Easy to sell "....it's the GUNS..!! OMG I'll ban those nasty old guns and make things so much better..." and there are a lot of folks that buy it hook, line, and sinker. More gun laws are quite popular with a certain segment of the population.

They'll repeat the same tired, flat out wrong desire to ban some types of guns, and then explain that the reason it's not working is they need MORE laws. And, people will buy it. Until we get folks off their butts and get them to vote, we're really in for it.

My oldest son is an LEO in NE. There are things about the PacNW he misses a lot, but the painful political nonsense isn't one of them.

Edited to add: I recently heard an interesting statistic; 88.8% of folks arrested for illegally using a firearm were not legal to possess the firearm. So, how do the powers that be think that more laws will have ANY effect on violent crime when the large majority of bad guys don't GAF about the laws..?? But, common sense and real analysis of the cause / effect is way, way over the heads of far too many of the political folks. It's all about votes, period.

Last Edited:
civilian /sĭ-vĭl′yən/
  1. A person who is not an active member of the military, the police, or a belligerent group in a conflict.
  2. A person who is not an employee of the government

disarmament /dĭs-är′mə-mənt/
  1. The act of laying down arms, especially the reduction or abolition of a nation's military forces and armaments.
  2. The condition of being disarmed.
  3. The act of disarming.

You have go to be kidding me....

Awwwww.......Come On Man
1711755630311.png

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

Because it is about control, not guns. Always has been. The useful idiots can be convinced it is for safety, of course, but that doesn't change the real reason.

True enough about criminals just ignoring the laws. It hasn't been possible for an unlicensed individual to register via Form 1 a machine-gun since May 19, 1986. Chicago just sued Glock over gang members converting handguns to FA. (sigh) :rolleyes:

CDC data indisputably shows that drug overdoses from drugs like heroin and fentanyl have tripled in Oregon and that of the 5,000 citations for drug possession, only 120 called the treatment referral hotline, and 60% of those ticketed never paid their fines.
Oregon is #1 in the nation for meth use and #4 for opioid use. Overall, we have the 2nd highest addiction rate in the country. Yet, our state ranks last in the nation in providing treatment options .

.....Yet, our state ranks last in the nation in providing treatment options .
Agreed, we need better treatment options, but the hard truth is most addicts won't utilize them. Look at the number who stay away from shelters if they can't use. Without laws, laws being enforced, that can be used to compel folks to seek treatment....nothing changes. It is possible to make real progress with this nightmare, but it takes the real will to do something positive.

Agreed, we need better treatment options, but the hard truth is most addicts won't utilize them. Look at the number who stay away from shelters if they can't use. Without laws, laws being enforced, that can be used to compel folks to seek treatment....nothing changes. It is possible to make real progress with this nightmare, but it takes the real will to do something positive.
There has to be a carrot and a stick. So far most places only offer a carrot. Keep doing that and they wonder why noting changes. What does change is HUGE amounts of cash. NGO's pop up that get gov cash to "help". They of course are only good at one thing. Making large piles of cash vanish.

Designate narcotics addiction a mental disorder subject to involuntary commitment. Offer them a choice of rehab on THEIR terms or the nuthouse and forced detox on the state's.

The Radical Left Fringe is fundamentally a death cult, life is worthless to them except as pawns to be sacrificed in pursuit of power, pleasure and payola.
🤦democrats...Republicans...politics

nobody is seeing death threats from leftists.... seems anytime there are threats to be had it's from deep right wing weirdos that can't handle how democracies work when they lose.

Some people actually enjoy firearms as a hobby. And don't hide behind them like a paranoid backup plan.

And I guess in order to enjoy them I have to speak up while you weirdos act like this bubble is a "safe space" to air all of your political grievances... all i want is to just to enjoy my God damned ar15 until forum warriors like you guys make more people scared of gun owners.

Let face this...if people treated these things like tools rather than toys or replacements/supplements to your manhood.

Then nobody would care. Just look at Finland. They have a higher gun ownership per capita...do we see the vast amount of problems we have here in finland...

Hell no. It's time to own that maybe some of our fellow gun owners who act like children with deadly weapons and maybe we should treat them as poorly as we treat the people who are scared of them for it.

In an average year, 587 people die and 617 are wounded by guns in Oregon. Oregon has the 34thhighest rate of gun violence in the US.

In 2019, 280 people died of a drug overdose in Oregon. Fatalities rose every year after, more than tripling by 2022, when 956 died. And last year, even more people died, according to preliminary data. Each month the number has been higher than the previous year, reaching 628 in June. The state is still compiling data for 2023, but if the trends continue, the total would reach 1,250 deaths from an overdose.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top