JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another track that proves this is all man made and for a reason, oil prices. There will be no jobs till cheaper energy is available and the smart guys won't let us drill. Yet they let other countries come in and drill in the gulf. The signs are clear from schools on up the chain that we have been set up for a revolution. Still how will this change your preps and plans?

jj

You didn't mention my biggest concern. We have exported too many of our manufacturing jobs and they aren't coming back. Our great industrial centers which once supported the middle class are gone. Not just Detroit, but steel, can't drill for oil, natural gas, can't build refineries, can't build nukes, tearing out hydroelectric dams, can't cut timber in the West which shut down the sawmills, woods jobs, log trucks sales, maintenance and jobs, our fisheries are severely restricted - you name it, our ability to create new wealth is shot. Those jobs aren't coming back.

We are exporting $1.5 trillion dollars a year for oil, lumber from Canada, steel, fish, even produce, and of course products from China, Mexico, Brazil, India, and even Pakistan (leather goods.) 1/2 of our prescription drugs are made in India.

This is a real disaster and it ain't getting fixed.

:s0112::s0112: So the survivalist movement has been with us for decades yet the collapse never happens. Preppers are putting lots of their wealth back in food and ammo for the big crash yet it doesn't happen. Remember Y2K, never happened. The question is, "what has to happen first before it all falls apart?":s0131::s0112::s0112:

jj

I think it's a lot like owning a firearm. It's better to have it and never need it then need it and not have it. I don't think there is anything wrong with planning for the worst as long as it's within reason. And being prepared for "little ones" is just as important. A few years ago, a buddy of mine lost power in his area for almost 5 days. He was the only one on the block who had a backup generator plus a few basic essentials he had been picking up. Nobody laughed at his foresight then. So there doesn't have to be a "big one" for it to be ok to be prepared.

The way I look at this, and I have been mindful of shtf concerns; is that I am keeping all of my camping, hunting and self-defense materials in order and keeping my home stocked in case of unanticipated social-economic problems. What I have been buying, in general is food stock for researve camping or at home supplies. I have been buying for my dog as well. I would think I have enough supplies for seveal lean months. I am not a nut about it. I have spent some of the weekend looking at message boards and postings and comments on different news services, such as "Biggovernement.com" and others, and my read on this is that countless posters are very alarmed over the current social-political events. This thread supports concerns. I interprete this as to be more mindful of how and what I spend my money on and to shore up my stock of supplies. Having went to college and university during the '66-'76 years, I was disturbed then, as I am now, with the disenfranchised and alienated character disordered youth of that time and now in the face of a conservative government. So, I envision these events and activites as leading indicators of potential severe civil disturbance.

You didn't mention my biggest concern. We have exported too many of our manufacturing jobs and they aren't coming back. Our great industrial centers which once supported the middle class are gone. Not just Detroit, but steel, can't drill for oil, natural gas, can't build refineries, can't build nukes, tearing out hydroelectric dams, can't cut timber in the West which shut down the sawmills, woods jobs, log trucks sales, maintenance and jobs, our fisheries are severely restricted - you name it, our ability to create new wealth is shot. Those jobs aren't coming back.

We are exporting $1.5 trillion dollars a year for oil, lumber from Canada, steel, fish, even produce, and of course products from China, Mexico, Brazil, India, and even Pakistan (leather goods.) 1/2 of our prescription drugs are made in India.

This is my biggest pet peeve of all.
The government gave incentives to manufacturers to open factories in places like Sri Lanka.
Do y'all know anybody there? Yeah me niether.So why send the money there? Well, so the corporations can make more money AND then get tax breaks for doing so.

If we are going to recover in any way shape or form,we need to bring the manufacturing back home.
How can we be the world leaders and mercenaries if we don't have any money?
We do have plenty of empty buildings to house them in.

So here's the real question gunner,do you always buy American? Do you shop at the worst retailer for this problem? (wallyworld)

Of course the answer is no,because it is almost impossible to do so. We used to always say "BUY AMERICAN".Now it takes hours on the internet to find American made goods

I can say I quit Waldo world,haven't bought much of anything for the last year.But the other stores aren't selling USA goods either. Go find a tee shirt made here

I could go on for days.This is my biggest rant

Can't answer the T-shirt question but if you need a camping hammock... <broken link removed>

And no, I do not have any association to this company =) Just found them this summer and called and chatted with one of the owners for awhile. I've not bought one of his hammocks yet but I will have at least one before next camping season.

-d

I guess for me the "red flag" is simply the feeling in my gut that has been getting stronger and stronger over the last couple years. This feeling says this house of cards that we all live in is reaching it's pinnacle and is about to come crashing down.

Before I had kids, whenever I thought about a SHTF scenario I would simply plan on heading for the hills and living off the land. But these days with little ones who depend on me for protection, I simply cant afford to not be prepared for any foreseeable circumstances. Theres no one thing that will tell me to load up everything in the 4x4 and G.O.O.D but when the time comes I hope and pray that I will know before most and I wont be caught sleeping on the job of being the protector/sheepdog for the ones who I love.

Hopefully a new PrezBo & Congress will do something about this. . . But I ain't holding my breath. The outsourcing of jobs is irreversible at this point. BUT if we reined in the EPA and got them back to doing what they were meant to do: protecting the air, water and ground contamination instead of protecting the Hair Snot Nose Squirrel, we could start drilling and building things again. It wouldn't be easy and would take time, but it would be a move in the right direction.

Ticks me off when i hear that WE can't drill off our own coast, but China IS!

Makes you wonder if our Congress / PrezBo is working for the people, or for the globalist?

Hopefully a new PrezBo & Congress will do something about this. . . But I ain't holding my breath. The outsourcing of jobs is irreversible at this point. BUT if we reined in the EPA and got them back to doing what they were meant to do: protecting the air, water and ground contamination instead of protecting the Hair Snot Nose Squirrel, we could start drilling and building things again. It wouldn't be easy and would take time, but it would be a move in the right direction.

Makes you wonder if our Congress / PrezBo is working for the people, or for the globalist?

The globalists.

Real long term change would begin with a huge shift in the thinking of probably 2/3 of Americans away from statism to individual responsibility, most liberals would have to become conservatives in a big break, government intervention and over regulation in business would have to stop, and the spigots to the taking society (Worthless eaters) would have to be permanently shut off, and that includes aid to every country where the population apparently hates us. Schools would have to change how and what they teach kids, unions would have to be shut down. Lawyers would have to lose the power to litigate without responsibility. This could go on and on here, and I'm just getting warmed up.

It is NOT going to happen, the America we love is an old memory, soviet subversion was effective, America is done. Truly sorry to have to say it.

Well, in my opinion, not the majority, nor most of the well to do minorities, nor the poor minorities. The chosen one believes to be "Gods gift to Mankind". My sense he is working 1) for himself to enhance his own perception of himself and his accomplishments, and 2) for both domestic and foreign sick politically delusional fantistis. Unfortunately, this may be the kind of person that disregards the truth, and has a talent for exploitation and deception which arises from an attitude toward self of omnipotence and self-assurances and that the rules of society do not apply to the chosen one nor his kind. Obviously, not genuinely working for the majority of the people nor those needy minorities.

Narcissism is a term with a wide range of meanings, depending on whether it is used to describe a central concept of psychoanalytic theory, a mental illness, a social or cultural problem, or simply a personality trait. Except in the sense of primary narcissism or healthy self-love, "narcissism" usually is used to describe some kind of problem in a person or group's relationships with self and others. In everyday speech, "narcissism" often means inflated self-importance, egotism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others. In psychology, the term is used to describe both normal self-love and unhealthy self-absorption due to a disturbance in the sense of self.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

"...the survivalist movement has been with us for decades yet the collapse never happens."

That is very true but simply does not apply to the current situation. If the sheeple ever got a grasp of reality outside the mainstream media their heads would explode.

Literally hundreds of trillions of dollars in debt derivatives ready to collapse and wipe out all paper assets. The real owners of this country want a collapse in order to establish their global financial center, the Bank of the World. That is exactly what they will get.

There will be no sustained recovery for many years, most likely decades. The people have been willing to swallow every ridiculous lie and turn the country over to the banksters, their puppet media, and fake politicians. Soon there will be a price to pay for that. The end of the USA as we know it within a short time frame. Within three years or less most US cities will be like Detroit or worse. Killing us softly with their propaganda and media; no jolting/fast SHTF/overnight scenario. Just slow death.

Narcissism is a term with a wide range of meanings, depending on whether it is used to describe a central concept of psychoanalytic theory, a mental illness, a social or cultural problem, or simply a personality trait. Except in the sense of primary narcissism or healthy self-love, "narcissism" usually is used to describe some kind of problem in a person or group's relationships with self and others. In everyday speech, "narcissism" often means inflated self-importance, egotism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others. In psychology, the term is used to describe both normal self-love and unhealthy self-absorption due to a disturbance in the sense of self.

This is an extreme simplification of a disorder, that by itself is not usually a threat to a society as a whole, coupled with sociopathy however and especialy with couvetness and agressive sociopathy is a differant meme altogether

was there a reason you brought this up? Is there a particular person that this appliation applies to? have you factored in Sociopathic skills?

"...the survivalist movement has been with us for decades yet the collapse never happens."

That is very true but simply does not apply to the current situation. If the sheeple ever got a grasp of reality outside the mainstream media their heads would explode.

Literally hundreds of trillions of dollars in debt derivatives ready to collapse and wipe out all paper assets. The real owners of this country want a collapse in order to establish their global financial center, the Bank of the World. That is exactly what they will get.

There will be no sustained recovery for many years, most likely decades. The people have been willing to swallow every ridiculous lie and turn the country over to the banksters, their puppet media, and fake politicians. Soon there will be a price to pay for that. The end of the USA as we know it within a short time frame. Within three years or less most US cities will be like Detroit or worse. Killing us softly with their propaganda and media; no jolting/fast SHTF/overnight scenario. Just slow death.
You see but yet you are blind, they will not follow a false mesiah

The US has had more over seas corperations open factories and import jobs here than we have exported. The middle class jobs are not blue collar anymore, knowing how to code will get you middle class wages. Staying stuck in the idea that a person in detroit should be getting paid 60k a year for putting on 200 front tires a day isnt adapting to reality. And everyone here should know adaptation is the key to survival.

The US has had more over seas corperations open factories and import jobs here than we have exported. The middle class jobs are not blue collar anymore, knowing how to code will get you middle class wages. Staying stuck in the idea that a person in detroit should be getting paid 60k a year for putting on 200 front tires a day isnt adapting to reality. And everyone here should know adaptation is the key to survival.

Not everyone has the same talent. A guy who's a natural at programming may not be able to change a flat on his car. A guy who's a talented body man may never learn to program. We need blue collar jobs for those who are most suited for it. I can just see my programmer nephew falling trees in the woods, LOL. I just can't see my friend who's a timber faller, but laid off because the EPA has closed most of the forests to logging, becoming a programmer.

Companies are begging for good programmers, but no one is looking for a log truck driver or a cat skidder for the woods.

Not everyone has the same talent. A guy who's a natural at programming may not be able to change a flat on his car. A guy who's a talented body man may never learn to program. We need blue collar jobs for those who are most suited for it. I can just see my programmer nephew falling trees in the woods, LOL. I just can't see my friend who's a timber faller, but laid off because the EPA has closed most of the forests to logging, becoming a programmer.

Companies are begging for good programmers, but no one is looking for a log truck driver or a cat skidder for the woods.

I have a great natural ability to sit here and do nothing day... So I suppose I could join the protests and demand money for it. Haha...

But seriously, we cannot have the expectation that the world will conform to people's talents that's not how it works for anything. If we did that we would still be using 1930s tech. After all there were all those vacume tube factories, buggy whip makers, Zepplins... How many of those workers had to move on when the world did?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top