Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

yeppers

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Just Jim, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

:bluelaugh::bluelaugh: So the survivalist movement has been with us for decades yet the collapse never happens. Preppers are putting lots of their wealth back in food and ammo for the big crash yet it doesn't happen. Remember Y2K, never happened. The question is, "what has to happen first before it all falls apart?":paranoid::bluelaugh::bluelaugh:

jj

2. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

Yeah, lets see; katrina never happened, Anchorage Earth Quake never happened, St. Helens never happened, LA and SF quakes, riots, massive fires and drought in TX, AZ never happened and of course there is our current lack of economy and that traitor in the WH, feds using tax dollars to run guns, fuel approaching $5 a gallon, never happened.
    You know your right "Nothing is happening"

3. Just Jim

You seem to be OK so what is happening to you?

jj

4. Just Jim

You are sitting here looking at the screen the same as you have been for months or years and nothing has changed. You got your soda or beer and a little snack. So what has to happen?

jj

5. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

Sounds like a question i get from someone that is trying to convince themselves that everything is going to be OK. "you guys are wasting your time and money, nothing is going to happen. They will fix it and everything will be cool! Right?!?"

Not sure who these people are that will "Fix" everything. So I'll just continue hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Lefty.

6. Just Jim

40 years ago a fellow named Robert Preston wrote a book called "How to survive the coming Crash". Things still haven't crashed yet.

jj

7. A.I.P.

The odd thing is that JJ comes up with the same OP every 2-3 months, it's like his mom keeps telling him to do his homework and he keeps turning in the same papers to his teachers

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  8. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

Well I just back from a memorial service for friend. He did not want people sitting around mourning but rather, celebrating his life.

So where am I going, one of the guest speakers was a 80 Missionary, who spent a total of 25 yrs in Kenya. While talking to him at the dinner afterwards (that was deceased last wishes a social christian dinner) He said that they are seeing 50 and 100% inflation rates in the Kenya / Somalia part of the world. I was talking to a few people I never met before and the missionary and we all agreed, there is something serious going on here in U.S., some really unsettling stuff.

Protests by people who do not know what they are protesting about, younger people 930 yrs old and yonger) who demanding what us 50 yr olds have worked 20 - 30yrs for, who go out and get a second job when we want something our budget does not have room for, when the youngsters think they just demand it.

Yepper something is going on, am I doing good right now, yes I am and I have had bad times before so I am, preparing for bads of the future, I hope they will never come of course yes, but my gut tells me differently. And when I t happens I want to make sure, my wife and I can eat, have shelter and are safe. That is what a man is supposed to do, so if we men have made sure we have more food, fuel, heat sources and etc than we need, then we have done our jobs.

9. A.I.P.

Gasoline @$4.49 a gallon when oil is $82 a barrel?

10. Just Jim

Mom died in 91 at the ripe old age of 74 so you can leave her out of this. If causeing people to think about their preps disturbs you then you do have the option of not reading any of the threads I start. Sometimes people need to pause and think about the future from another perspective. You might want to go troll where someone thinks your funny.

jj

11. A.I.P.

Well JJ have fun playing with yourself, your tiresome blathering has led to another member putting you on ignore

12. Just Jim

So the question I asked is what has to happen first before it all falls apart? What is the red flag that tells you to stand by for high winds and heavy seas? Yall been preping for disaster like an insurance policy but what is it going to take for the ball to start rolling? Wars, riots or just your favorite TV show gets canceled:bluelaugh::bluelaugh:

Really though you are taking care of your families needs but that is normal everyday living, any good man does this without the fears of today.

jj

13. Just Jim

Thanks my day is looking better. A man who will bring another mans mother into a discussion doesn't need to be here.

jj

14. Just Jim

I am trying to get the folkes to answer what is the trigger that sets their survival plan to action. Bank closures? Riots, what is it going to take, a fire next door and people dieing in the streets:bluelaugh::bluelaugh: When are you going to pull the plug on life today and start your plan?

jj

15. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

then they are practicing "defensive listening". What is happening in the USA at present is obviously for the worse and it is happening daily. If folks do not have the education, or "intelligence" to know what is happening, or their "radar" is busted, well they will unfortunately, fall victim to some calamity--such as the folks that are now aimless in "Occupy Portland". These are the same character disordered types from the 1960's but fueled today by union money playing off the "useful idiots" as manipulative pawns. If you choose to disregard the wisdom on this board, well that is your decision. Most of us practice "Boy scouts motto: Be Prepared". Lots of folks obviously are not prepared for anything because they are simply naive. Many on this board are super aware of changing for the worse social-economic and political circumstances which seem to be systematically and dynamically planned as outlined in Sol Alinsky's book "Rule for Radicals". Enough said.

A.I.P. and (deleted member) like this.
  16. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

That is question I do not know if anyone here can put their finger on, it's kind of like when say there is too much snow on the road to drive safely or waves to high to go fishing, I think it will be different for everyone to certain degree. But I do believe that when it is time I will know it.

I also think for some people who have been out of work for 3 or 4 yrs and living in tents in some cities wished they had prepped as we are. While for some their economic situation has already forced them enact their shtf plan.

Personally there have been a couple of times in my life to where I knew what real hunger was, and i am preparing so when it happens I will be ready.

Back to the question will I, pull the plug and say things are too screwed to stay here I am heading for the hills, don't know how to put my finger on that spot but when it happens I hope I have enough sense not to wait untilit's late

17. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Robert Preston starred in The Music Man in 1962 and sang "We got trouble, right here in River City" and nothing's happened yet. :)

18. Just Jim

A good thoughtfull response and you didn't even have to bring my mother into it, thanks for not being a bore.:bluelaugh::bluelaugh: The book called the Patriots by James Rawles told a story of how the ball gets rolling yet some of the characters didn't react to the same red flags as others did. I want to know peoples red flags.

People here talk of their preps in all manners but they never say what will cause them to jump in that bug vehicle and run to the hills. Kinda like a deer in the headlights, are they going to move or not. How close do the headlights have to get or do you get run over:paranoid:

jj

19. Just Jim

Dag gone you are showing age now. Ok if you can't belive Bob then how about Ann Rand from over 50 years ago predicting all this?

Geez gunner:bluelaugh::bluelaugh:

20. Just Jim

So gunner, when do you get the cat out and push up a burm around the house, when they quit making rocky road icecream??