JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, today was Ladies Day at our gun club, and part from a lot of lady visitors as guests, a lot of people were there who had never shot any kind of handgun, let alone a big BP handgun. So during the course of the morning, four ladies, two already club members, and two guests, got to shoot my Ruger Old Army. None of them had ever picked up any kind of a handgun before - how could they, here in England? and all four left the firing point with HUGE grins on the fizzogs after cutting loose with Ruger's masterpiece revolver.

The two who were already members are now getting their better halves to consider adding a front-stuffer to the list of must-haves, and the two guests want to join, please.

ALL of them hit the target at 25m, and one did outstandingly well for a noob and actually took the centre red dot out of the shoot-and-see target.

tac

Showing people what it's all about is, well, what it's all about. In a country where so few people who have not been in the Armed Forces or are not in some way entailed with the use of firearms in their daily life, it's our duty as safe gun owners to show people the truth behind all the c**p that you read in the press about guns and those who use them as part of their leisure time.

One visitor, a short while back, asked me what my neighbours felt about having a gun-owner living near them. The answer was simple - none of my neighbours actually KNOW that I am a gun-owner, unless I tell them or they happen to notice me filling up the car with suspicious looking gun-totes and drag bags. If any one of them has noticed, they sure as heck have never mentioned it, but then, this IS UK, and most neighbours of my acquaintance would rather set fire to their own hair than ask a personal question.

The take-up rate for guests wanting to join in the fun is around 50%. That's sad, to say the least, as we currently have a two-year waiting list to join the club. After joining as a probie, they then have a six-month probie time period, which is compulsory here in UK, before they can even think of applying for their own firearms certificate and ownership.

Here it's simple - if you want to own a gun for any kind of non-live target shooting, you MUST be a full member of a gun club. If, for some reason, you misbehave, and you are asked to leave the club, then you automatically lose your right to firearms ownership. No club = no guns.

Shotguns and sporting game shooting are another chicken of a different kettle.

tac

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR