JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would send my son in with a note from me next time.
Id also get him exact change and tell him if they wont take the money just leave the money and come to the car with the ammo. They cant say he didnt pay and legally cant ask for ID on a item
thats not actually regulated by the state.
Just like when greeters at walmart want to check my receipt I tell them to screw off and I leave with the items I paid for.
Bimart is a great store besides the ammo and firearm BS currently. Walmart is fun too people watch.

Both actions are illegal, and while it's doubtful the store would prosecute why take the risk?

Privately owned enterprises have every right to ensure you have actually paid for you merchandise prior to leaving the store. Such as when the Walmart employee asks to see your receipt.

A private enterprise can set and enforce their own policies unless specifically exempted by statute. So they are totally within their rights to ask for ID and refuse service on the sale of a particular item. I does not matter if don't agree or like it. If so shop somewhere else.

An actual transaction has not occured by simply laying down the cash and leaving. The tendered currency must be accepted by the receiving party. Doing what you suggest is theft. Why would you want to set up your son in such a fashion?

Why would you want to behave as you suggest? Gun owners have a difficult enough time maintaining a decent reputation in the eyes of the public at large, we don't need these type of antics adding to the anti's ammo chest, not to mention it is just plain rude. What did any blue smock ever do to you to deserve such treatment?

Last Edited:
Both actions are illegal, and while it's doubtful the store would prosecute why take the risk?

Privately owned enterprises have every right to ensure you have actually paid for you merchandise prior to leaving the store. Such as when the Walmart employee asks to see your receipt.

A private enterprise can set and enforce their own policies unless specifically exempted by statute. So they are totally within their rights to ask for ID and refuse service on the sale of a particular item. I does not matter if don't agree or like it. If so shop somewhere else.

An actual transaction has not occured by simply laying down the cash and leaving. The tendered currency must be accepted by the receiving party. Doing what you suggest is theft. Why would you want to set up your son in such a fashion?

Why would you want to behave as you suggest? Gun owners have a difficult enough time maintaining a decent reputation in the eyes of the public at large, we don't need these type of antics adding to the anti's ammo chest, not to mention it is just plain rude. What did any blue smock ever do to you to deserve such treatment?

Why so serious?

Stores are being ridiculous with Anti-gun policies while selling guns and ammo. When I was little my dad would send me to the store with a note for cigarettes they sold them to me every time. the ammo policy at a store is theft of younger peoples rights with no law to back it up.
Walmart asking to see a receipt after purchasing items is just rude and greeters arent receipt checkers or security/theft prevention, in most cases they only ask people who have unbagged items, but when you buy something too large for a bag they are going to question your purchase. Im that guy who ignores them and leaves. Screw their policy, I have my own policy to not be screwed around by workers at a store.

You act like gun owners are held to some higher level of law then non-gun owners and thats BS. Were all people trying to get by, and there are enough Anti-gun laws without stores taking it appon them selves to add Anti-Gun control measures, all while claiming they are employee owned. The employees didnt vote on that policy. But are left to enforce it.
I refuse to be cattle.

It seems to me that a store policy that is made to cater to current popular whim , "information / knowledge" or personal beliefs , is short sighted and will cause a loss of either customers , profits or both.

Granted I no longer work in retail...
Andy

First, a private enterprise's policies are not statutory in nature.

Second, private enterprise's policy to be binding on a customer, the customer must be informed of the policy.

Third, the private enterprise's policy cannot be arbitrarily interpreted nor enforced by customer service or mgmt!

Fourth, when the nice cashier hands me my receipt, "due consideration" as outlined by commerical law, has occurred and therefore, I am the proud new owner of the merchandise!

Fifth, Wally's customers are not obligated to stop at the little person at their entrance and show their receipt!

It is not like Sam's or Costco where customers have signed membership contracts agreeing to the egregious antics of the private enterprise so they can shop and get a bargain!

Sixth, Wally LP personel can call the LEs but civil suits are won regularly due to LP abuses.

Keep on walking folks, nothing more to see!

Added: I never degrade or make rude comments to the checkers as that is inflammatory and incitful and could get you in trouble with responding LEs.

I do ignore checkers, several have attempted to touch me or threaten me by saying they will report me to LE, I immediately divert back to customer service and ask to see F2F a manager, and report the checker's actions. One was fired on the spot for the aggressive and abusive actions.

Never forget if you do not tell mgmt their employees are out of line nothing will change. Their greatest fear if the customer will complain to corp or the DM.

Last Edited:
Wal-Mart in St. Helens will not sell you a box of bullets for reloading without verifying your drivers license. I am 55 I can't believe I am not old enough to buy a box of copper and lead. This is ridicules. It's only going to get worse as they make gun owners as tainted. F them all.

I don't even go in anymore since i have heard some of these stories , i Used to like to shop there had good deals on beer but winco has betters deals all the way around and i don't have to show a card to go in .

I'll bet they would have come unscrewed if I were to relate the story of how I allowed a 7 yr old young man to shoot the rifle my father gave me over 125years old
It was his fist time shooting and the smile said it all

I woke up and having coffee my half awake brain thought this was the joke section.
I think Bimart is wrong on this, its not who carry the item its who pays I think in even Komifornia it
like that . Maybe I am not awake but this is BS.

I woke up and having coffee my half awake brain thought this was the joke section.
I think Bimart is wrong on this, its not who carry the item its who pays I think in even Komifornia it
like that . Maybe I am not awake but this is BS.

It is just some anti-gun bureaucrat somewhere in their hierarchy making up BS rules and excuses to cover their posterior and/or make a lot of pain for the front line workers.

OLCC doing stings on ammo enforcing a non-existent law? Really? Who do they think they are fooling with that BS?:rolleyes: I would have walked out right there. :mad:

A private enterprise can set and enforce their own policies unless specifically exempted by statute. So

they are totally within their rights to ask for ID and refuse service on the sale of a particular item. I does not matter if don't agree or like it. If so shop somewhere else.

An actual transaction has not occured by simply laying down the cash and leaving. The tendered currency must be accepted by the receiving party. Doing what you suggest is theft. Why would you
want to set up your son in such a fashion?

Why would you want to behave as you suggest? Gun owners have a difficult enough time maintaining a decent reputation in the eyes of the public at large, we don't need these type of antics adding to th
e anti's ammo chest, not to mention it is just plain rude. What did any blue smock ever do to you to deserve such treatment?

I respectfully disagree. If an item is on the shelf for sale to the general public, you must sell it to anyone of LEGAL age. If not, you are guilty of discrimination. In this case age discrimination. Just ask the lady that owns Arlenes flowers in Richland. In that case, gender discrimination. Or, is one kind of discrimination ok over the others?
My opinion only.

I respectfully disagree. If an item is on the shelf for sale to the general public, you must sell it to anyone of LEGAL age. ...

Any business open to the public makes use of many services the public pays for and provides to it: roads, fire, police, utilities, etc. It is a kind of robbery for a business to use such services that tax payers provide and then turn around and refuse to serve that same public because without the public paying for those services, the business would be totally inviable.

I went to bimart the other day to update my mailing information.. I tried to do it over the phone but was told you have to do it in person. So anyways, I had the forethought to bring the front page of the mailer/flyer booklet with me that has all the info on it (hey, it's a mailer), complete with my member number on it.
Let me just say this, I didn't know that IQ's could actually be negative numbers.. until then. I actually feel dumber even now after just standing in the presence of such ineptitude and cluelessness of all things simple for a brief period of time.
After mushroom woman's repeated inquiries as to what I wanted and her talking to herself and pawing at the computer while saying "is this you?".. "oh, that's not you", etc. etc. a manager took pity on all that is holy upon noticing the incredible logjam that this turd had created and updated their/my info in about two seconds.
some people

Oh, and germane to this thread, I then asked the nice lady where they kept their road flares and gas cans.

not really

I love it. The people at Bimart have nothing to do with corporate decisions. The gals at my local Bimart know it is stupid and have told me so.

Glad to hear so many are not going to shop there anymore...saves more ammo for me and mine.

I love it. The people at Bimart have nothing to do with corporate decisions. The gals at my local Bimart know it is stupid and have told me so.

Glad to hear so many are not going to shop there anymore...saves more ammo for me and mine.

I buy almost all of my ammo online. Cheaper and I don't have to go into town and deal with stupid people or rules - it gets delivered to my door.

Occasionally I buy some ammo from NWFA inmates. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads