JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would send my son in with a note from me next time.
Id also get him exact change and tell him if they wont take the money just leave the money and come to the car with the ammo. They cant say he didnt pay and legally cant ask for ID on a item
thats not actually regulated by the state.
Just like when greeters at walmart want to check my receipt I tell them to screw off and I leave with the items I paid for.
Bimart is a great store besides the ammo and firearm BS currently. Walmart is fun too people watch.
They have those receipt checkers there for a reason... uhhhhm it's called loss prevention. I have seen personally people get f&$&& with at Costco for trying to pass the checkers when u walk out. It's a store policy. Same with Walmart. Why be a dick and walk by them without showing what u payed for? Is it that hard to show them a little white piece of paper? I just don't get people with attitudes like this. Their not infringing on nothing, their loss prevention people payed to do their job

They have those receipt checkers there for a reason... uhhhhm it's called loss prevention. I have seen personally people get f&$&& with at Costco for trying to pass the checkers when u walk out. It's a store policy. Same with Walmart. Why be a dick and walk by them without showing what u payed for? Is it that hard to show them a little white piece of paper? I just don't get people with attitudes like this. Their not infringing on nothing, their loss prevention people payed to do their job

The greeter at Wallyworld are not receipt checkers or lost prevention personnel, they are greeters. They are only supposed to ask for a reciept when they see un-bagged items. I had a lengthy conversation with a manager of lost prevention at my local WM. They said its not something they expect everyone to do, I dont steal so I dont stop for a person on a powertrip, your job or stores policy doesnt give you the right to stop a person or detain them in any way after they paod for their items, Costco of which I have been going to since I was a child checks receipts for cashier errors like double scanning the same item. And the membership you sign there gives them that ability.

In a membership store? Fine. Regular store? I am not going to show you anything. If you want to call the cops that's fine with me but I am not going to show you a thing past the register.

The greeter at Wallyworld are not receipt checkers or lost prevention personnel, they are greeters. They are only supposed to ask for a reciept when they see un-bagged items. I had a lengthy conversation with a manager of lost prevention at my local WM. They said its not something they expect everyone to do, I dont steal so I dont stop for a person on a powertrip, your job or stores policy doesnt give you the right to stop a person or detain them in any way after they paod for their items, Costco of which I have been going to since I was a child checks receipts for cashier errors like double scanning the same item. And the membership you sign there gives them that ability.
Double checking to see if they double scanned? Your joking right.. why not just show them what you payed for?? What's the big deal?? Why draw attention to yourself like that?? Weird...... I don't know about u, but when someone walks by a receipt checker without showing a receipt, you would assume they have stolen something. 9 out of 10 people would think you have stole something. That doesn't register in your head??? Why prove a point by making them think you stole something when u really didn't. Must be a millinial thing or something to draw attention to self

Double checking to see if they double scanned? Your joking right.. why not just show them what you payed for?? What's the big deal?? Why draw attention to yourself like that?? Weird...... I don't know about u, but when someone walks by a receipt checker without showing a receipt, you would assume they have stolen something. 9 out of 10 people would think you have stole something. That doesn't register in your head??? Why prove a point by making them think you stole something when u really didn't. Must be a millinial thing or something to draw attention to self

You do your thing and I will do mine, I understand you disagree with me. But why continue to question what I do at a store that doesnt have reciept checkers, they are greeters my friend I say hello and goodbye when I walk by them. At Costco I have been double charged and the policy was explained, WM has no such open policy in place, you by no means have to show someone your reciept to leave WM. If they think im stealing the cops will be outside but I dont steal so I have no problems. Have a good day :)

At least a couple of people here appear to be completely blind to the issues retailer have with pilferage. That's stealing for those that don't know what I'm talking about. It increases prices for ALL of us when people steal/shop lift. I wish retailers would come up with a way to confirm all receipts before someone leaves the store. Refusing to show a receipt is just another way of saying "Hey, I don't give a crap how much money I have to pay! I'm not going to show you proof of purchase" . o_O

Trust. I don't do business with people that don't trust me. I have no reason to trust those who don't trust me either.

You ever stop to think that maybe it's not because they don't trust YOU, but that it's an effective deterrent to stop THE THIEF?
But ya'll just go right ahead and keep kicking your selfs in the butt! o_O

Last Edited:
You ever stop to think that maybe it's not because they don't trust YOU, but that it's an effective deterrent to stop THE THIEF?
But ya'll just go right ahead and keep kicking your selfs in the butt! o_O
they could move the exit, so when you go thru the cashier the exit is right there, not use the entrance as an exit just like how Bimart is arranged. come in the entrance leave thru the exit. No reason to hassle people trying to leave and insinuate they are stealing by having powertripping employees check a receipt of something I literally just paid for.

Yup. Lots of loss would be prevented if check stands were immediately before the exit, with no easy way around. No need to have merch between checkers and the door, or a path directly from expensive goods to the door.

And posting uniformed security at entrances would be a deterrent as well. I spent a month in KCMO, and was surprised initially - every grocery store, elecrtonics store, or place with valuables had *armed* uniformed security 24 hrs, manning the door. Lots were cops working side gigs, others private contract security. Same with malls. Highly visible presence of armed security personnel. Customers didn't seem bothered at all. Security also didn't hassle you for receipts either, except unbagged merch. Even then it was a glance, not a demand to stop.

If conglomerate megastores gave a real damn about preventing shrink, they could, with a few relatively minor changes visible to the public.

Till then, walmart style receipt checks are not enforceable by law, and demanding people stop and show receipts upon exit can bring charges for unlawful detainment if the issue is pushed. 70 year old greeters are not and should not be expected to take any LP role. Nor should a paying customer at an establishment open to the public be subject to such treatment. Costco and BiMart are members only, not open to the general public stores. They get away with checks per your signed membership agreement. Walmart has no such leg to stand on.

OLCC = who?
PS.....I was at Bi-Mart and wanted to hand a firearm over to my son to see if he was "comfortable with it." So, I was about to hand it over to him......when I was stopped by the employee. He said that it was a FEDERAL LAW that I couldn't do that in the store.

I don't think so (LAW) but.......whatever........it's your store. And loss sale.

That probably is true to some degree, as at that point, you do not own the firearm, the store does. They are responsible for the firearm, they are not authorized to sell to your child, and therefore they are violating the law by allowing your child to possess something they own; which is illegal for your child to own. Yes, I agree, Legal BS . . . it's a sad society :(

Little known fact that in oregon you don't need a membership at Costco to buy alcohol. Ask for a temporary pass at the membership counter. They will give you crap but will cave in because it's state law.

That probably is true to some degree, as at that point, you do not own the firearm, the store does. They are responsible for the firearm, they are not authorized to sell to your child, and therefore they are violating the law by allowing your child to possess something they own; which is illegal for your child to own. Yes, I agree, Legal BS . . . it's a sad society :(

It's their store....they can make store policy. But don't hide behind some BS that it's LAW.

++++++++++
STORY TIME...
I have a 4x4 truck. I went down to Walmart to get tires. They refused to sell me just two tires. They claimed that it was Washington State Law....that I must replace all 4 tires at the same time.

If there is a LAW then they can quote the statute. They couldn't. Anyway, I refused to do business with them (buying tires) due to their BS.
++++++++++

But carrying on with that train of thought that you have expressed.....

Since a minor can not legally enter into a binding contract......

Should a minor be allowed to touch anything at the store?

Speaking of Bi-Mart.....why do they have beer and wine on their shelves.....if they are so afraid of a minor "possessing" (touching) restricted items?

LOL. Yes, they won't legally sell "restricted products" to a minor. I'm right there. They are gonna be selling them to me (an adult over the age of 21). Reasonable and common sense.:eek:

Perhaps one day.........the LIBERALS will pass a law that all ammo must be kept behind the counter or under lock and key. Like spray paint (in Portland). And further into the future.......gun sales cannot take place where ammo is held for sale. Separate stores will be required. LOL. Rrrright......

Do_it_for_the_kids.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
You think that's bad. Me and my wife were at Walmart and was gonna buy a case of beer and they said they had to see both our ID even though we are both 61 years old . I asked them if we would've been able to buy beer if my grandkids were with me. I told them they could keep their stupid beer and I wasn't about to show them my ID since my wife was the one paying for the groceries.

You think that's bad. Me and my wife were at Walmart and was gonna buy a case of beer and they said they had to see both our ID even though we are both 61 years old . I asked them if we would've been able to buy beer if my grandkids were with me. I told them they could keep their stupid beer and I wasn't about to show them my ID since my wife was the one paying for the groceries.
you can't blame them. Those rules come from over reaching law enforcement and predatory lawyers bringing and wining law suits. Any person or establishment that appears to be affluent is a prime target for the blood sucking legal profession. Also one of the reasons your health care is so expensive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top