JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a similar insane confrontation when buying ammo at Walmart. Picked out some ammo at the sporting counter, paid for it there, then as it was being bagged, I realized one box was the wrong type. While still at the counter, I asked the sales person to exchange the ammo for the correct type. He said he couldn't do it, and that I would have to go to the exchange counter. So, I went right to the exchange counter where they told me that under Federal Law they could not take the ammo back. After going back and forth with the manager for a full fifteen minutes, she finally relented and gave me a voucher for the cost of the ammo. They still would not take it back. I left the store feeling like a criminal, which is what I think they wanted me to feel like.
Wow, our Walmart has all rifle and handgun ammo locked up. So any error at our store would be their fault. Shotgun, you're on your own.

Well, we can't bail on a store like that.
If we do "they" win.
We need to share the experience on sites like this.
Then have eveyone in every family contact both the store AND corporate.

The emotion generated here needs to motivate ALL of us to communicate respectfully back to the sources. I know many that take the time to post on a forum but never call or write to an offending company.

If 2 people complain and no one answers
.... well they have power. if 2 people complain and 100 people politely respond......

Puppets, being told what to say by even dumber puppet managers. You were fed a line of BS. Period.

And honestly, 303 British? Yeah, don't think that's used much in evil black "assault rifles". So there's that arguing point ground up into dog meat too.

Call the BBB.
The sign at my BiMart says no one under 21 can buy guns, ammo or reloading components.
I turned in a complaint form....mailed it off to them last month.
If you don't voice your concerns in writing, they will not know you are pissed.
I tried to talk to my manager, a nice guy and he just took me over to the comments forms and handed me one. He said it's out of my hands.
Now wait a sec here....it's a so called "employee owned store" but it really isn't!

Federal law says 21 for handgun ammo, 18 for long gun. Apparently to them its all stuff that goes bang. Or they think 303 is a pistol cartridge.

To cloud things a bit, several cartridges like .22LR, 357 Mag, 44 Mag, etc are both pistol and rifle ammunition.

Federal law says 21 for handgun ammo, 18 for long gun. Apparently to them its all stuff that goes bang. Or they think 303 is a pistol cartridge.
72879d1262034481-cut-down-lee-enfield-sawnoff.jpg

My reply to Bi-Mart today:
Your decision to not sell firearms to citizens who lawfully are allowed to purchase them has caused me to rethink shopping at all BiMart locations. This is clearly a knee jerk reaction to appease a small but vocal group of people who do not wish anyone in America be able to own firearms. They have clearly made this known and you have aligned yourself with this group. Thank you for your transparency so I know you no longer welcome my business. Please consider removing all pressure cookers (Boston bombing), poisons (numerous child fatalities, surpassing firearms), wading pools (far more accidental drowning deaths than firearms), and knives (three times as many knife homicides annually compared to rifles) from your stores as well just to make sure everyone is safe.

Hope they get a few thousand more like this.

My reply to Bi-Mart today:
Your decision to not sell firearms to citizens who lawfully are allowed to purchase them has caused me to rethink shopping at all BiMart locations. This is clearly a knee jerk reaction to appease a small but vocal group of people who do not wish anyone in America be able to own firearms. They have clearly made this known and you have aligned yourself with this group. Thank you for your transparency so I know you no longer welcome my business. Please consider removing all pressure cookers (Boston bombing), poisons (numerous child fatalities, surpassing firearms), wading pools (far more accidental drowning deaths than firearms), and knives (three times as many knife homicides annually compared to rifles) from your stores as well just to make sure everyone is safe.

Hope they get a few thousand more like this.
I will fill out another form with that on it....

btw.........
...I talked to my neighbor across the street who works at BiMart. She said OLCC is now monitoring gun and ammo sales as well as liquor and tobacco.

So, they are in effect, the ATF for the State of Oregon.
Illegal as hell!

Last Edited:
btw.........
...I talked to my neighbor across the street who works at BiMart. She said OLCC is now monitoring gun and ammo sales as well as liquor and tobacco.

I wonder how their charter was changed to include ammunition? It bears investigation.

btw.........

Nah, that's what your neighbor was told. Scare tactics unfortunately work on most people.

I had a similar issue when visiting my wife's family back in Michigan. Our whole family was there and one of my daughters, probably 16-18 at the time, was loading stuff from the cart to the counter, and touched a bottle of wine that my wife was buying, and there weren't going to sell it to us because she touched it. The finally caved after I ridiculed them for a while, but they told me they wouldn't allow it next time.

And another time, I went to the store here in OR with just my daughter and they wanted to see my daughter's ID. I asked why, and they said because I was buying alcohol. I said I'm the one buying it, and this is my daughter and there no need to show her ID as she's underage and not the one buying it. I argued with that one and finally won too, but it was irritating....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top