JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What’s your main Xmas grub?

• Total voters
Reactions
Are you a Turkey twice kind of person?

Traditional ham?

Roast?

Seafood?

Other?

We have been enjoying a Rib Roast the last two-three years now! Last year I even made the proper Yorkshire Pudding.

Merry Christmas all you crazy NWFA folks!

Reno

42A1FAB9-2247-45A6-9C98-5381F24F1C96.jpeg 1C9892C2-25D3-480E-8121-6146E10AA9CB.jpeg

Growing up our family didn't have a traditional Christmas dinner. As long as I can remember mom was never home until late on Christmas Eve. (depression era, workaholic) Christmas breakfast was it. But we got bacon AND sausage! With our potatoes and eggs. And seeing as mom had five sibs, all devout Mormons, with the tradition of every one visiting everyone's house Christmas day, no big dinner Christmas day either. Hoards of people all day long.

Here at our house Christmas Eve is Knodel with mashed potatoes. This knodel is made with ground pork and lamb cooked in a bed of sauerkraut. Goes real well with the mashed spuds. Got the recipe from the gal that started ifish and it sounded good to me. And Christmas Day, seeing as there's no one to visit, it's become tradition to go down to the local dive bar that opens at 7:00am every day of the year. A bunch of local graveyard and swing shift working folks gather there, even on Christmas Day. We drink tall bloody marys, play the poker machines and have breakfast afterward.

Beef or Ham for me, Ham normally wins. I do like left over Turkey but after the big day I have had enough to hold me a while. A nice ham meal leaves left overs that make damn good lunch and breakfast. :D
I always make a batch of Jambalaya when there's left over ham.

We mix it up, but I like duck. Ham this year. I don't like turkey, and no one else in my house does, either. Maybe some Tom Yum Goong on the side (Thai hot/sour soup with shrimp), since I got a couple pounds of colossal shrimp in the freezer. The only mainstay is green bean casserole.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top