Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

XD9 sight adjustment

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Phillyfan, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a Springfield XD9, and love it. Never ever ever had a ftf or any other issues, easy to clean, blah, blah, blah. Problem is that is shoots low and to the left no matter who is pulling the trigger. I have talked to several other people who had the same problem with their XD. I spoke to a local gunsmith about replacing the rear sight and he wanted to charge me a ton, saying that the XD sights almost always have to be machined out.

Two questions, why the **** to they put them in like that (I mean shouldn't drift sights drift)?

Do the XD sight adjust tools selling on ebay work? I don't see myself spending $100 on something I am going to use one time, but if it works.....?

2. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

3. Phillyfan

Wow, that guy is awesome! I definately do not use the grip he talks about, but I am willing to give it a shot. What he says make sense to me.

4. Phillyfan

Tried this guy's grip and it seems to have made a huge improvement! Although, I have only tried it on a XDm9 and a P3AT. It seems to have brought my groups right into where they need to be. Thanks so much for sharing this!

5. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

I put a night sight by myself with a vice grip with towel wrap around my xd9 sc, then I take a block of wood and small hammer removed my old sight. From the instruction I can't remember which but if you remove the front sights from left to right and the back sights from right to left. It is very easy and it can be done by you... when you put the night sight back try to be gentle with your hammer because you dont want to break the glowing in the dark thing :) New sight cost around $65.