JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is similar to the one I have.

I have one like this as well. I got on eBay from a machine shop in WA. It has worked well on many pistol types except for Sig. Those sights are really tight IME.

I used this one from Amazon.
Screenshot_20230626-192816_Chrome.jpg

It worked great for glock sights but I had to use a box wrench on the crank to get enough force to get sights off my springfield xd. Those things were a bugger to get off and new ones in.

I ended up bending the crank arm so I returned the vice. Was kinda poor quality. The springfield slide kept canting to the side causing the sight to jam etc.

The MGW Sight Pro Universal is probably the best one on the market. But it's a $300 tool. But it should last you a lifetime and work on just about everything. If you didn't want to spend that much, you could go in on it with a shooting buddy or two and just trade it back and forth whenever anyone needs it.

Check out the Wyoming Sight Drifter. I have an arsenal grade sight pusher and hardly ever use it now that I found the Wyoming tool.

Get the version with three different sized punches. It's the most versatile and still rolls up in its pouch to a smaller than pocket sized roll. It's easy to just always keep it with your gear.

Last Edited:
Check out the Wyoming Sight Drifter. I have an arsenal grade sight pusher and hardly ever use it now that I found the Wyoming tool.

Get the version with three different sized punches. It's the most versatile and still rolls up in its pouch to a smaller than pocket sized roll. It's easy to just always keep it with your gear.
I don't think that would've helped remove the sights on my springfield xd pistol.

I have just used a large shop vise, hammer and punch as shown in the previously mentioned Dawson Precision video, worked fine on about six handguns (I prefer a front fiber optic if the pistol doesn't have a red dot). But I recently purchased a more expensive stainless steel 1911 and I definitely do not want any marks from a punch on it. I thought about taking it to a gunsmith, but I think I will finally buy a sight pusher.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews