JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to buy a shotgun for my girlfriends upcoming birthday. She enjoys shooting trap, but finds my shotguns all large and heavy, along with the LOP being way off for her. So I'm hunting for something 20 gauge, with a 26" barrel. Approximately a 14" length of pull. Managable recoil would be nice. Lightweight isn't necessary but if it's light with manageable kick that would be nice. Would also consider something in 12 gauge if it manages to do the trick.

Single barrel is ideal for sure.

I'd prefer something a bit nicer than either of those. Having owned both they're pretty sloppily built shotguns. Diassembling the Mossberg really showed me how sloppy it is. Granted it's a shotgun so it can get away with it, but I'd like something a bit nicer :) Also, less recoil.

Single barrel is ideal for sure.

I'd prefer something a bit nicer than either of those. Having owned both they're pretty sloppily built shotguns. Diassembling the Mossberg really showed me how sloppy it is. Granted it's a shotgun so it can get away with it, but I'd like something a bit nicer :) Also, less recoil.

Ah ha! Another shotgun Fan then:).

I guess a nice simi-auto would fill the bill (an over under would have the more recoil unfortunately).

I have a Remington 11 (I think - it was passed down from my recently deseased grandfather). The barrel slides back with the bolt and makes for a very soft shooting gun. It's old so I'm sure newer models are available.

Could always cut one down and glue a limb saver to it for the correct LOP.

Good luck in your search!

Thanks! I'm actually debating an over/under for her. My over/under has a very surprisingly manageable kick, perhaps due to it's weight but also it's superior fit in my case.

The Turkish shotguns coming into the states are pretty decent buys.

Tristar recently expanded their over/under lines and they are pretty darn good deals.

Not Beretta quality, but not the Beretta price either.

Nice. The tri-star Hunter EX-LT seems to be quite lightweight in 20 gauge, and not absurdly priced... I may just look into that. Now to figure out what's involved with buying and shipping here.

Wish you were closer I have a Rossi Squire .20 gauge SxS with 26 inch barrels choked IC and MOD. Looks like new on the out side , decent bore and shoots good.
You ever get up this way?
I was thinking in the $275 range but trades are also fun ...
Andy

Nice. The tri-star Hunter EX-LT seems to be quite lightweight in 20 gauge, and not absurdly priced... I may just look into that. Now to figure out what's involved with buying and shipping here.

I did a lot of 5 stand back home and I really want to get their TT-15 for memory sake. That and the visits I make to Hillsboro Gun Club.

If she is looking at pump guns a model 12 20 gauge shoots great, If your looking for O/U guns browning citori or Winchester 101 will work as well. I have nice 12 gauge semi automatic with light recoil 30in imp/mod fixed choke barrel. It's a SKB XL900 that I would ship for $450.00 really nice gun an had a hull catcher installed. If intrested I can email you pics

downloadfile.jpg Winchester model 101 20 ga, 26 in barrels.
Mod/IC
VERY NICE. $1750

Thanks guys. I'm going to give the tri-star hunter EX-LT over under for her in 20 gauge. 26" barrel, 20 gauge, lightweight... may not help with the kick aspect but she was complaining about the weight of the other guns. This weighs in VERY light though so it should do the trick!

We'll see how it goes.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.