JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's going to be a tough one to locate.
Numrich is all sold out and nothing on GunBroker either.
Is there any way to repair the original part?

That is the problem, someone over the years installed an aluminum one and it's to long. plus one of the rotating ears are broken from someone trying to pry it most likely, Might turn out to be a wall hanger.

Sounds like someone replaced the original brass carrier with a later model aluminum one.
The only early model brass carriers available at Numrich are for 250-3000, .308 and .351 Win.
I don't know it any one of those could be machined to the 30/30 profile.
What kind of condition is the rifle in?

Good, I purchased a bolt stop from Numrich because that was broken replaced it and loaded a single shell into it and fired it. works great until I went to add multiple shells into the mag and noticed it didn't turn. Did some research and disassemble to find out why and here it sits.

I have run into the same type of issue.
I have lucked out in the past finding oddball parts just you're trying to do.
Might try running an ad on Armslist and any Savage gun owners forums.
Hope you find the right part. I'll keep an eye out for one.
Cheers, Jeff

There is an auction on Ebay now for a bunch of 99 parts. I didnt see what you needed but its parts from a 30-30 version so it might be worth contacting the seller to see what else he's got. Worked for me before on Winchester stuff

Thanks for letting me know. I have been watching Ebay. I contacted that person because he a had an 303 carrier. I asked him to double check to see if it wasn't a 30-30. never heard back

Britt1 gimme a few days, but I may have one!
I have about 30 plus original carrier assemblies that are brass.. Some are caliber marked some are not.. But I will look for you!

Hmmm, I can take a picture of the wrong aluminum one that someone stuck in there over last 114 years. LOL I can prob. get the measurement for the correct one from Numrich. Give me a day or so and I will respond. Thank you

Scott

I bought out Enstad & Douglas Gunsmithing shop down in Oregon city. Dean Enstad bought lots of factory new parts and kept them in stock! Allot of the part have tags but it's written in pencil and over 50 years it's faded away!
You should see some of the drawers of parts I have!!

There's an old guy down in Texas that sells hard to find gun parts.
One time I called him up and asked about a vintage Remington rifle part.
He said hang on and I'll go look. I could hear him pull open drawers, rummage around and cuss some, then more drawers opening and slamming shut.
More cussing, then after 15 minutes he comes back to the phone and says, "Yep, got some here."
The price was a little high but when you're in a bind without it, you pays the man and move along with life.
I really wish I had a bunch of drawers full of old gun parts I could rummage around in.

image.jpg
And this is just some of the parts!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews