JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, the lower is from Ruger. The shorty upper I'm pretty sure is Palmetto, though I am going from memory from some years ago. Other than the Form 1-related (upper, engraving) the only thing I changed is the pistol grip and added a silencer. So nothing in the internals would have been swapped.

On that note, can anyone recommend a replacement part that:

• Is the correct part(s).
  • Won't likely break again.
  • Just a plain old AR type part that fits a basic CAR-15-ish rifle.
Doesn't have to be anything special because, candidly, not a high priority. When we get home tomorrow I can inspect the carbine to confirm if that is what it came from. Thanks much.
It's not "basic classic" but these are my favorite for bare builds and hardly cost more than a no-name part.

I have them in a couple rifles that get the crap beat out of them and still going strong.

No, the lower is from Ruger. The shorty upper I'm pretty sure is Palmetto, though I am going from memory from some years ago. Other than the Form 1-related (upper, engraving) the only thing I changed is the pistol grip and added a silencer. So nothing in the internals would have been swapped.

Doesn't have to be anything special because, candidly, not a high priority. When we get home tomorrow I can inspect the carbine to confirm if that is what it came from. Thanks much.

It's not "basic classic" but these are my favorite for bare builds and hardly cost more than a no-name part.

I have them in a couple rifles that get the crap beat out of them and still going strong.
It is still MIM.

If the lower is from Ruger, call them and get a free return for repair. They will fix it no charge, and if there is an issue that caused the break, they will fix that too. Then they will ship it back, again no charge. You may have to go throught an FFL to do it, but CALL RUGER FIRST.

It is still MIM.
They are solid precision cast steel, not exactly MIM, but yes... not billet. Of course, you're talking a $15 "better" part with improved hardening vs. a $40+ billet part, too.

It's not exactly a "critical" component for operation so...for each to decide where to invest their build $'s.

If you're not in a big hurry, PM me a shipping address and I'll give you one out of a SOLGW LPK which are Schmid parts along with a couple spare roll pins.

Correct answer. Give this man a cigar.

Much appreciated on the offer, but I have a replacement on the way.

Thanks all. :)
Nd9GcRyiZ77vQYLg20Ht92osnSqs5Ew2iVsrgbn0w&usqp=CAU.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews