JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's all be supportive.

snippet:
Close to half of all new U.S. gun buyers since the beginning of 2019 have been women, a shift for a market long dominated by men, according to a new study.

The preliminary results from the 2021 National Firearms Survey, designed by Deborah Azrael of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Matthew Miller of Northeastern University, show an estimated 3.5 million women became new gun owners from January 2019 through April of this year. About 4 million men became new gun owners over that period, they found.

For decades, other surveys have found that around 10% to 20% of American gun owners were women.

I saw the trend before 2019 attending gun shows, at gun shops and shooting locations. Married mothers. Single women. All backgrounds. Not in large numbers but always growing numbers.

This is great news, I am encouraged.

The more new people that get educated and learn how to shoot the less the media can promulgate irrational fear of guns. The less the utopist-Bolshevists can use fear of guns to consolidate power.

I was talking with my RSO/Instructor friend the other day about one of his students. She came to him deathly afraid of guns, but wanting one because she understood their value for self defense. He spent hours with her just trying to get her comfortable being around a gun, a .22 revolver. She broke down in tears several times at the thought of handling a gun. She did shoot the revolver some, and wants to continue trying, which is to her credit, but how could her parents, education and society have failed her so miserably that she is that afraid of an inanimate object?? Will she join the ranks of gun owners?? We'll see.

I was talking with my RSO/Instructor friend the other day about one of his students. She came to him deathly afraid of guns, but wanting one because she understood their value for self defense. He spent hours with her just trying to get her comfortable being around a gun, a .22 revolver. She broke down in tears several times at the thought of handling a gun. She did shoot the revolver some, and wants to continue trying, which is to her credit, but how could her parents, education and society have failed her so miserably that she is that afraid of an inanimate object?? Will she join the ranks of gun owners?? We'll see.
Well someone is apparently doing their job very well if they can manipulate our brothers and sisters into being terrified of said "inanimate" object, this is why we need to fight back and counter this mind bubbleguming that the left and anti-gunners are shoving down our fellow Americans throats.. :s0002:

Took my nephew and his wife, mid 20s shooting for first time. She said she enjoyed it but was trembling a good part of the time. Still she had a bright, broad smile as well. A lot of conflicting emotions going on with 1st time shooters.

What they've been told and built their beliefs around was wrong. Was it ignorance or a lie? I see it all the time. Especially with women. Some guys...

I find it ironic if you read that story in the WSJ the last paragraph starting with, "At an outdoor range in the Angeles National Forest…" worried about then President Trump supporters driving past her home on the way to Trump rallies.

I assuming she and others like her voted for Joe Biden.

I find it ironic if you read that story in the WSJ the last paragraph starting with, "At an outdoor range in the Angeles National Forest…" worried about then President Trump supporters driving past her home on the way to Trump rallies.

I assuming she and others like her voted for Joe Biden.
Not a lot but enough people, mostly Californians, have expressed a fear of pickup trucks sporting US flags in their beds. It's not something from only the last 5-6 years. Especially in SoCal, you see trucks sporting flags from Latin countries all the time. No fears ever mentioned.

How otherwise rational people are driven to some levels of hysteria, with no supporting facts is amazing. The programming from TV is powerful.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top