JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, let's see.... politicians want money...always.... check
Gas tax money has gone down due to the more fuel efficient vehicles... check
Tolls would be a logical way to replace lost revenue.... check

Yeah, i believe it.

The taxes on weed alone should have provided more than enough capitol for the state.. If Washington does this it'll piss a lot of people off and it'll royally screw the already timely commute for those that go back and forth for work.

As seen in California.. Those tolls never actually pay for the roads (or other causes) they claim they do... I was in there just last year and Kalifornia roads are as bad as ever.. they even have the decent weather to do all the maintenance.. Just where does all that money go?..

You miss the point, it's not about the revenue but one more cudgel to try to herd us into their concrete jungles and onto their mass transit pipedreams with.

Just like the Seattle "gun tax"...

I believe they would impose a toll on roads in a heartbeat, when they figure out a way to impose a toll.

More taxes, in any form, is their goal. Spending the enormous amount of money they already have, responsibly, is never their plan. Even here in Oregon City, taxes and fees are being added to our water bills to cover government services that are already paid for with other taxes. These added water bill taxes are out of control. Somebody blew the whistle recently and we had the opportunity to vote out these added taxes, but the people voted to keep the taxes. Since then, the city has seen it as a mandate, and the added taxes have multiplied. My point is, people allow the extra taxes, even when they have the chance to say no.

I've spent some time on the East Coast over the last couple of years. Unless you've seen it for yourself, you could not imagine how many toll roads there are, and they are expensive. When I was stationed back east many years ago in the Army, there were a few toll roads, and you paid a fee to enter the highway. It's not enough that you have to pay a toll to get on the road. Now every few miles you have to pay another toll to continue.

If the states out west figure out a way to impose tolls, it will spiral out of control.

Last Edited:
It would cost more money to implement than they would ever get back.
And this is exactly why I won't be surprised when it happens. Not their money.
If/when this comes to pass, I will not step foot or spend a dime in that state. Period.
And I agree, it's not necessarily about tthe revenue, it's about controlling the flock.

Last Edited:
^ This. ^
No pic, didn't happen.

So the blogger says he made this warning 16 years ago. Sounds like WDOT is moving fast.:rolleyes:
Old saying: if you want a dog, start by asking for a pony.
In this case, suggest an alternative way to collect a tax.

A toll on every road won't work, but a GPS in every car and a mileage tax will. Government knowing where you go and have been is coming.

The plan to turn every road into a toll road

This is Crazy. Is this really possible?

I "suspect" this is often a trial balloon". This is far from anything new. What the politicians keep dancing around is mileage fee's. This is often misstated as "toll roads" for just this reason. Toll roads are a huge hassle. Anyone who has a cell phone is showing how easy it would be to have a "mileage tax". The State would just make registering the vehicle require a chip on the car to track mileage. It's dead simple to do now days. They often say they would drop the local part of the gas tax which they of course would. The catch is they can just change the mileage price any time they want. It's all a matter of how much the voters will allow before the revolt. Anyone who lives here for a any time should know how that works. It takes a hell of a lot. Anyone in WA remember License tabs? How many times has this been changed, so the powers that are voted in just change it back. It works as they keep getting voted back in.
One thing you have to try to remember. Gov. NEVER has enough money. In places where people vote in liberals they never stop finding ways they need more money. Voters have proven they are more than willing to go along.

Don't toll the roads just add more gas online taxes.

Gotta have gas to drive....

What about folks that travel through WA state? How could the state possibly track all of them. That would cost a TON in cameras on every block. No way.

What about folks that travel through WA state? How could the state possibly track all of them. That would cost a TON in cameras on every block. No way.

Charge you at a toll booth to travel the state. say $50 bucks to enter.
All I know is if they do that stupid SH!T I may have to move to Idaho or something. o_O

The cost and logistics to put a toll booth on the I-5 bridge to WA alone would probably cost more than they could make in revenue in a year. New bridge, new exits for Camas and downtown Vancouver? Think about this, how many roads, just plain old roads, can lead you into WA state? I really think this is fake news. It couldn't reliably be managed, therefore it would be a waste of billions of state fund to try and make this happen.

You would literally have to build a wall and make people pass through "border patrol" to actually do this. What about older cars, people without smartphones, broken odometers? I'd bet there would be a lot more run down old junkers on the road with broken odometers and no OBDII ports if this passed. Just buy a car pre-1996 and carry a flip phone. You're off the hook! :D

You would literally have to build a wall and make people pass through "border patrol" to actually do this. What about older cars, people without smartphones, broken odometers? I'd bet there would be a lot more run down old junkers on the road with broken odometers and no OBDII ports if this passed. Just buy a car pre-1996 and carry a flip phone. You're off the hook! :D

They would just make it a stick on tag transponder. People don't seem to keep up with how far tech has come. Have any idea how small the Phase II chip in your cell phone is? That chip makes your phone visible to satellites people. Since I have to drive a toll road a lot I have transponders on my cars. They are the size of a bandaid. The same thing could easily hold a chip to do mileage. They just make it a law you have to have one to register your car. This is not anything like the way people want to believe it is. Now many will of course register their car in another state. This also is not something new here guys. People have been doing this all my life. Live in a state with high fees, register car in another. Of course get caught and they will fine you far more than you just saved. This keeps being "talked about" by politicians because they are testing the waters. Soon I have no doubt they will try it. As long as they can get the rubes who vote to go along why not. Look at the crap they already get voters to go for and people really think this is a bridge too far?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top