JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess its time to go buy an old hot rod then. Shut my phone off and tell everyone to take a flying leap. something like this just may break the camel's back and get me to move out of this !@$%ing state.

Know what you mean, my wife and I were seriously looking at northern Idaho. Still kind of mulling, but the thought of moving to the unknown makes us take pause. We feel at least where we are right now, we know the area, the how the people (sheeple) are, and our place is defensible. Besides, misery like company ..... so stay. :p:D

Know what you mean, my wife and I were seriously looking at northern Idaho. Still kind of mulling, but the thought of moving to the unknown makes us take pause. We feel at least where we are right now, we know the area, the how the people (sheeple) are, and our place is defensible. Besides, misery like company ..... so stay. :p:D

Kids are in Arizona and I'm guessing that sooner or later we will end up there. My goal would be to keep our house here but if I needed to I would sell. If the timing was right I could sell the house and the rental and pay cash for a house where ever we decided to go. Idaho is also a option. Maybe we should just start a NWFA community with bunkers, walls and look out towers! :D

Guess its time to go buy an old hot rod then. Shut my phone off and tell everyone to take a flying leap. something like this just may break the camel's back and get me to move out of this !@$%ing state.

It is sad, but the "voters" so far don't inspire much faith in me yet. Not sure how far this will have to go till they get some real push back. Whoever does this first will do it with GPS tags so will not matter how old the vehicle. There will of course be some selling ways to beat it as soon as it hits too. The state will of course make a VERY public deal of coming down hard on some to scare people into just going along. No doubt some could get away with it at least in the early days. Remember when you could buy cigarettes on line here? I had quit by then but I tried to warn any who did they were begging for trouble. The state let it go longer than I thought they would, then they decided they had seen enough. Forced the sellers to give up the info on who had bought what and went after them for the tax. Later they started doing the same thing with people buying them at reservation smoke shops. Stopping people leaving one and taking the "contraband". Watch out for state and even local Government when it comes to their pot of tax money. They will spend a lot of money on enforcement.

Kids are in Arizona and I'm guessing that sooner or later we will end up there. My goal would be to keep our house here but if I needed to I would sell. If the timing was right I could sell the house and the rental and pay cash for a house where ever we decided to go. Idaho is also a option. Maybe we should just start a NWFA community with bunkers, walls and look out towers! :D

Funny you should mention "Maybe we should just start a NWFA community with bunkers, walls and look out towers!".

My wife looked at me one day and said how about a project of 50-100 acres broken up into 5-10 acre parcels and have NWFA members buy-in and build their places. NOT a commune, just a community of like-minded individuals who could trust each other and have each other's backs. Hmmm, hmmmm, hmmmm. :D

One of our kids moved to ID. It looks temping to me too. Wife is so far not hot on the idea. I am liking it more every damn day.

Funny you should mention "Maybe we should just start a NWFA community with bunkers, walls and look out towers!".

My wife looked at me one day and said how about a project of 50-100 acres broken up into 5-10 acre parcels and have NWFA members buy-in and build their places. NOT a commune, just a community of like-minded individuals who could trust each other and have each other's backs. Hmmm, hmmmm, hmmmm. :D

Put in a nice members range with people volunteering to do upkeep and I would want in!!! :)

Good idea, other than the damnable snow... I love the idea, but no matter what the ball-and-chain aging rels will find some pretext to veto ANY relocation option. First it was weather, then I found somewhere warm and "but COST!," then somewhere also warm where we could actually get better housing for the same amount as we'd get from selling our properties here and it went to "but SNAKES!"

I swear, I could find a cure for cancer and they'd b*tch about me putting the cancer-care industry out of work...

What about folks that travel through WA state? How could the state possibly track all of them. That would cost a TON in cameras on every block. No way.
That's how they do it in Florida. I drove down to the keys a couple of years ago and about two weeks after getting home to Georgia I got a bill with an itemized list of all the toll roads I had been on. All done with traffic cameras.

That's how they do it in Florida. I drove down to the keys a couple of years ago and about two weeks after getting home to Georgia I got a bill with an itemized list of all the toll roads I had been on. All done with traffic cameras.

Oh I get that. I used to live in Colorado and there were several tollways that used cameras and the little boxes stuck to your windshield. But they are talking about ALL roads being tollways. ALL of them.

Oh I get that. I used to live in Colorado and there were several tollways that used cameras and the little boxes stuck to your windshield. But they are talking about ALL roads being tollways. ALL of them.
We used to have one road in the Atlanta area where you could do the little box or stop at the booth but I had never seen something that accesses a national database like that. That's all they would need to make it happen.

What they will do in one of these states here is tax your mileage. For vehicles licensed in the state that is dead simple. Not sure what they will do to fleece tourists. Probably will not really care about that. Once they get this in they can just raise the price per mile any time they want to fill shortages. It will only be limited by how much the voters will tolerate.

Here's the deal these crazy environmental nut bags made a deal year's ago if you buy a f@#$%&+Prius you will get a tax cut so every F@!$%&+ dumb F@!#$% idiot that wants to be married to a tree AKA TREE HUGGER went out and bought a gas saver car but the democrats in this state didn't think about the loss of tax money from less gas sold so you know how they are GOING TO GET IT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER LOL DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR BERRINE love that all for one B.S. if you can't pay for it get someone else to pay for you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top