JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ammo.. That is the biggest drawback for me, well for that particular platform.
Also, lord knows how long you'll be waiting to hear back from the BATF now.
Would it save you money in the long run to leaver her as is and SBR a platform that may be a little easier to configure and suppress.

I think the PS90 look goofy with the longer barrels anyway. SBR away.

You shorten it down by 5.6 inches and it looks nice. To me a long barrel PS90 is like a long barrel uzi it just looks goofy. For self defense the scary look of a full size or SBR would keep me away from using it.

I have a PS-90 and have gone through this debate many times as well. For defensive use, I wouldn't worry about the "scary" aspect because if you have to use it you will need good legal representation anyway and despite the horror stories I think how the weapon is used is still more relevant than how it looks. If you make any statements make sure you say "its just a .22" which is technically true... :)

If you don't mind going through the Class 3 bs then I would do it. The velocity loss is minimal. This caliber is not really a one shot stopper anyway, lol. If the reduced length improves your defensive tactics then its a plus. If suppressing it improves your defensive tactics then its a plus. It depends on what your needs are. I had a SBR Thompson so I know what the waiting game is like. My PS-90 is mostly just a range toy but I would grab it as my home defense gun if I thought I needed a precision shot or more shots than my shotgun holds. I still want to SBR it but for me its a matter of cost and ability to quickly resell it. I don't mind the extra length and I have kind of gotten used to the way it looks.

ps90c_zps9a32a3fc.jpg ps90d_zps99de6efc.jpg

I will submit form 1 every chance I get. First, 200 for the stamp back then is very expensive. Now 200 doesnt even cover the gas money for me in a week. Get the stamp before they increase the price on tax stamp or decide to change the law of owning it or approve it!

If it is for home defense, I won't SBR or silence it, as it carries minimum sentence related to the use of those, if convicted. You can be innocent and still found guilty.

18 USC § 924(c)(1)(B)(ii).

(B) If the firearm possessed by a person convicted of a violation of this subsection—
(i) is a short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or semiautomatic assault weapon, the person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 10 years; or
(ii) is a machinegun or a destructive device, or is equipped with a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, the person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 30 years.

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2010/04/criminal-use-of-silencers-mach.html
<broken link removed>

ignore the part about the semiautomatic assault weapon. That has been clarified as something that was carried over from assault ban era. It looks like the justice department has stated that minimum sentencing does not apply in that case any more.
<broken link removed>

Since the above post addressed the legal reason to not use a NFA item for self defense I will just comment in general on PS90 as a SBR. I have one done by TROS and am very happy with it. The main reason why I went SBR with it is to use my Gemtech Halo .223 can with it. In that setup is is neat to shoot and quiet, especially with subsonics. I one time fired it without hearing protection after taking can off to see how much louder it was (friend asked me to, and I know very stupid). That was the most painful experience I have had shooting ever and would never do it again. Extremely painfully loud in SBR configeration without can and possibly a reason to not SBR one.

With that being said, it sure looks good with the short barrel and even better with can on it! ;)

YMMV

Another option is to have a class 3 dealer pin on a suppressor to a shortened barrel. Only one tax stamp for the suppressor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads