JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you be interested in an IOF Revolver?

• Yes! I've got to have one!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Yes, but mainly for it's weirdness factor.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Maybe, if the price was right.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Goodness, no! CG have you finally gone officially loco?

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Um (burp!) what was the ques'n? (Bromp!) Something about a Webley left too long in the dryer ...

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
What is an IOF revolver you ask? It is basically a "Honey, I shrunk the Webley" built in India and chambered in .32 Long. It is a break-action, double-action, six-shooter. It is, as far as I know, not presently imported into the US.

I have been in communication with the Indian Ordnance Factory (IOF) about acquiring some for the American market. I hadn't made much progress, but, finally, the gears are turning as I found the right contact there. (I've done a good amount of business in the developing world, albeit largely in Latin America, and am painfully aware that the processes and conceptions of timeliness in said markets aren't like it is here. This, however, is something of a new front.)

So, would this weird little revolver hold any interest to the American shooter? Thanks for voting!

IOF-32-REV-1.jpg

Wrong caliber.

If 22lr.

A solid maybe.

Around $100 and in 22lr.

Getting warmer.

Otherwise, nope.

After hearing the praises of Webley, it would be nice to have one that actually fits on my hand. It looks like a cool little gun.

Strong enough to take down a man, yet made for a woman. :p

P.S. Would that mean you were unofficially loco before? :s0116:

Look. A poorly engineered "gun" is just that. Caliber, specs and such don't matter. Pretty sure I could make something like that in my garage with hand tools.

Strong enough to take down a man, yet made for a woman. :p

Bizarrely sounds like a deodorant commercial. ;)

P.S. Would that mean you were unofficially loco before? :s0116:

Oh, good, both my NWFA friend and spouse both think I'm wacky. :p

Haha, I kid. I'm always on the lookout for off-beat guns and this one certainly qualifies. As a business decision, perhaps not such a good idea.

Bizarrely sounds like a deodorant commercial. ;)

Haha, I kid. I'm always on the lookout for off-beat guns and this one certainly qualifies. As a business decision, perhaps not such a good idea.

No, my friend, This one is a miss.

And you ARE a bit wacky. Probably the thing I like about you most. :D

Well, we did own a Nagant at one time so...and I don't think your wacky love I know it. However, I wouldn't want you any other way. :s0080:

Well, we did own a Nagant at one time so...and I don't think your wacky love I know it. However, I wouldn't want you any other way. :s0080:

Haha, oh the Nagant. It was one of a few I dumped for the greenbacks when you went to Grad school. Delightfully weird piece with, easily, the worst trigger pull of any handgun I've ever shot. As bad as this Indian revolver may be, I'd still bet my bottom dollar the Nagant is worse, at least trigger-wise. Still, I kind of wish I kept it so that I could thread the barrel and run it suppressed with our 9㎜ can.

The way I see it, I would rather spend more money on a reliable firearm made in American that a firearm made in another country that is untested in our environment. Just my :s0159:

If you know about getting things... or know people who do....

I would give my left nut for one of these..........

e-shop zdarma - GREAT GUN

seen here:

Sort of like a BP Bond Arms pistol. They come in .36, .45 and .54 calibers. Different barrel lengths and finishes.

Czech Republic might be easier to get guns from... and its got to be a solid piece coming from there... Id take it against an Indian revolver any day!

May not have enough marketability to be successful, thats okay as long as I get my order in ;)
Im sure @AndyinEverson would buy one too

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads