JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The idea is still out there but I haven't done anything with it. Life got in the way. We did a kitchen remodel that started right after Thanksgiving and ran until Jan. Mom turned 80 so we had a big family reunion to plan. An extra shooting event just didn't make the short list. :(

Would love to see something like this. I have a plain jane 10/22 with a cheap 4x Simmons on it and my grandfather's High Standard deluxe chromed single/double action 9 shot revolver from way back that I have never shot.
Bring your anschutz rigs and 22/45 space guns! Either way, sounds like a great time.

Oops, just saw the other thread about the match. I live in WA, but if I can get free, I will see about getting down to OR for it. I have never been in a competitive match and would love to try this one out.

We started brainstorming a potential event as something of a crossover from Rimfire Challenge to USPSA/3-Gun.

We would set up 2 or 3 - 2 gun stages on the Silhouette range. All guns would start off on barrels and you would advance from shooting box to shooting box with both pistol and rifle targets to engage. All steel, no round/mag limits, fastest time.

In the Tactical Shotgun Bay we would set up 2 plate racks for head to head pistol competition - drag race. Rimfire or center fire.

The Dynamic range would have 6 - 8" steel targets - 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 (and maybe a 200) for a rimfire precision course. 1 shot at each target hit/miss.

Sound like something you'd be interested in? Would you want one match fee to cover all events 1x through or would you prefer ala cart (pay for just the things that interest you - shoot as many times as you want)

What's more important to you - low mach fees or prizes/awards? We could even do this as a fundraiser - any suggestions on a worthy recipient group?

Open to other thoughts and ideas.

Jan 26th is open on the DRRC calendar.
I have the most fun shooting at reactive targets at three gun matches. 22lr rated targets are not too expensive it might make sense to charge 15-20 dollar fee until you build up enough props to change up the match stages if the plan is to make this a monthly event. Would be cool to have a match I could partice 3 gun type stages for under $50. I would also be down to help.

On thinking about this a bit more. I vote for lower costs to attract a wider range of participants. I also like prize raffles rather than a strict prize schedule. With a strict schedule the same folks pretty much always win, and if the match fees are going toward prizes the typical winners are subsidized by the rank and file participant. This will turn folks away from participation.

Don't get me wrong here! On serious sanctioned matches like regionals and championships (and the like) there SHOULD be a strict prize schedule with prizes fitting for the level of the match. And the match fees should in part go toward the prize table. But in fun matches, and matches that are open to the "general shooting matches" everybody should get a shot at a prize and the level of prizes do not need to be that grand. It's just fun to have a chance to win something!

So Ben, I'm thinking your goal here is to have a fun match that appeals to a broad range of shooters (not just the very serious competitor type), that would hopefully serve to get more folks out shooting, and maybe even be a catalyst to bring new shooters into the fold. I wish there were more matches like this by the way. Anyway, if this is what you are thinking … then keep the fees low, let the prize table be donated items much like you have at the Rimfire Challenge, and put one together and let's see how it plays out!

Thanks for all you do by the way … the Rimfire Challenge is a very positive addition to DRRC offerings!

Interested in competing, sure. Interested in watching.... Not at all. Rimfire isn't exciting to me, so I only own one for the sake of cheap ammo and nothing else. Guess I'd have to buy another if I competed though....

With USPSA down at the moment that opens up the first Saturday of the month. Can't do it in August but maybe I can make it happen in Sept or Oct. Have to check my calendar but I'll try to garner something together just for fun if nothing else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top