JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay - Sept 7th is available for us to run the event. I've never designed multi-gun stages before so I'm going to need some 'expert' input. Please PM me if you're willing to step up and help me design/implement this event. I want to keep the essence of rimfire challenge (steel, no equipment requirements like holsters) but add in some of the multi-gun challenges like movement, no shoots and cover.

I think I'm going to forgo prizes and awards this time around. Shoot for bragging rights and fun. Since we will be moving from shoot box to shoot box - we will be running one shooter at a time so shot clocks can be used. We can use all 3 ranges like USPSA does so we could run one shooter on each bay.

So; some quick input - all steel or should there be some paper scoring? I'm thinking we should limit all mags to 10 rounds and not require more than 40 rounds on a stage (2 10 round pistol, 2 10 round rifle) - seem like the right way to go?

Anything else you can think of that I need to plot out before hand?

I'll bring this up at Saturday's Rimfire Challenge so we can round table ideas there too.

At the 2 gun .22 match I went to they did not limit how many rounds, which I like. Trying to carry extra magazines for a .22 handgun and rifle is kind of difficult when you don't have mag holders to put them into. Or maybe limit the handgun to 10 rounds and the rifle to capacity. Also are you going to have different divisions, open vs iron? Or lumped together like in the Rimfire Challange events? I personally like steel so we don't have to tape, but sometimes its' hard to tell if you hit the steel with a .22-hard to hear. Maybe mostly steel with a few paper thrown in? Sorry, I have no experience in stage design or have any idea on how you do it.

I like a mix of paper and steel, especially if there is an understanding that all competitors are to pitch in taping targets.

If during the briefing you let it be known that as soon as the line is cold that someone should head directly to each target with a couple if pieces of tape in hand so that they can paste as soon as the target is scored the process is very fast.

As soon as there target is pasted they head back behind the line to keep things moving.

In other words each target has a "paster" standing there waiting to paste. Just let folks know to switch it up so all pitch in and then let them self-regulate and it should work fine.

While it is unlikely I will be able to attend, taping efficiency in any action scenario affects the entire match. Mostly it's more annoying than productive.

While on that subject ...

Practiscore would be great for rimfire challenge too. Have you considered getting tablets so scores could be input at the line and wirelessly linked / uploaded? I know 8 tablets would be a bit of money, but quality units last forever and it would save a ton of time keeping stats.

Screenshot_20190901-145614_Chrome.jpg

We started brainstorming a potential event as something of a crossover from Rimfire Challenge to USPSA/3-Gun.

We would set up 2 or 3 - 2 gun stages on the Silhouette range. All guns would start off on barrels and you would advance from shooting box to shooting box with both pistol and rifle targets to engage. All steel, no round/mag limits, fastest time.

In the Tactical Shotgun Bay we would set up 2 plate racks for head to head pistol competition - drag race. Rimfire or center fire.

The Dynamic range would have 6 - 8" steel targets - 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 (and maybe a 200) for a rimfire precision course. 1 shot at each target hit/miss.

Sound like something you'd be interested in? Would you want one match fee to cover all events 1x through or would you prefer ala cart (pay for just the things that interest you - shoot as many times as you want)

What's more important to you - low mach fees or prizes/awards? We could even do this as a fundraiser - any suggestions on a worthy recipient group?

Open to other thoughts and ideas.

Jan 26th is open on the DRRC calendar.
That sounds like a pretty cool idea.
As for fees, I think it would have to do with how you structure the event.
If you're talking about stages that take place over days (1 day, 1 stage), then the piecemeal fee would be viable. That way, someone could pay for what they shoot, leaving open the chance that they may not be able to make it back (for whatever reason).
That way, they don't feel jilted, having paid for something they didn't get to do.
...HOWEVER...
If you plan on running the whole thing as one event, that all happens within a single day, then I say one charge for the whole kit and kaboodle.
Everyone who wants to be there is there. Its all going to happen that day. Just have them pay for the day's shooting and let them run the whole course.
JMHO.
Good luck with this. It sounds like a stellar idea!

Dean
P.S. Day late and a dollar short again! Looks like you guys did this a couple of days ago ( :s0140: ). Hope everyone had a good time! :s0092::rolleyes::D

That sounds like a pretty cool idea.
As for fees, I think it would have to do with how you structure the event.
If you're talking about stages that take place over days (1 day, 1 stage), then the piecemeal fee would be viable. That way, someone could pay for what they shoot, leaving open the chance that they may not be able to make it back (for whatever reason).
That way, they don't feel jilted, having paid for something they didn't get to do.
...HOWEVER...
If you plan on running the whole thing as one event, that all happens within a single day, then I say one charge for the whole kit and kaboodle.
Everyone who wants to be there is there. Its all going to happen that day. Just have them pay for the day's shooting and let them run the whole course.
JMHO.
Good luck with this. It sounds like a stellar idea!

Dean
P.S. Day late and a dollar short again! Looks like you guys did this a couple of days ago ( :s0140: ). Hope everyone had a good time! :s0092::rolleyes::D
The match was today...fun times!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads