JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or if the tenex isn't expensive enough for you, there is this option

I think there is a varying degree of what you are wanting to do with the rifle, NRL22/PRS22 there is always an acceptable degree of 'inaccuracy', since you are not taking 100% of your shots from a solid position (bench or prone). Benchrest competitions, different story.

Its seems like the only logical option is dropping the v8 in the civic, and still putting a supercharger on it for good measure.

Not relevant but annoying and interesting- I have a 7mm-08 that shoots substantially better when I throw the magneto speed on the end of it. Groups tighten right up! Doh!

That is actually more relevant than you may think. The largest study I know of regarding barrel tuners suggest that the additional weight at the end of the barrel had more to do with the group size than the actual tuner setting.

The tuners change the frequency of the oscillation of the barrel whip. To tune it you move the weight in or out. The objective is to have the barrel muzzle at its extreme distance from center line when the bullet leaves the barrel. This is the period of time the barrel is moving the slowest and near one position the longest. The weight of the tuner can slow the period of the oscillations verses no tuner.

Tuners are more effective on long slender barrels that have less stiffness. 22 rimfire barrels are not generally long, otherwise you lose velocity. They also tend to be stiff because the small caliber. I can't imagine with 22 rimfire you can see much difference using a tuner.

For position shooting you will find shooter skill far outweighs rifle accuracy for a gain in points for all but the top shooters. Even for top shooters, there is a point in improved rifle accuracy that no longer provides a gain.

The tuners change the frequency of the oscillation of the barrel whip. To tune it you move the weight in or out. The objective is to have the barrel muzzle at its extreme distance from center line when the bullet leaves the barrel. This is the period of time the barrel is moving the slowest and near one position the longest. The weight of the tuner can slow the period of the oscillations verses no tuner.

Tuners are more effective on long slender barrels that have less stiffness. 22 rimfire barrels are not generally long, otherwise you lose velocity. They also tend to be stiff because the small caliber. I can't imagine with 22 rimfire you can see much difference using a tuner.

For position shooting you will find shooter skill far outweighs rifle accuracy for a gain in points for all but the top shooters. Even for top shooters, there is a point in improved rifle accuracy that no longer provides a gain.
Makes me wonder…the CZ Jaguar is a 28.625" barrel.

- 1) I wonder if even supersonic ammo would be slowed to sub by that length
- 2) seems like a slim profile - that would have to be receptive of a tuner…?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top