JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
When some pissing match gets going its always because some just can't seem to just hit next, ignore it, or if all else fails just completely ignore the poster all together. Hell this group is Romper Room compared to the old Usenet groups where there was no filtering. Never really could get my head around why some let it get too them so much. Don't like what someone is saying or how they are saying it? Skip over them, or if they really bother someone they can just filter them so they never see anything they write. :s0092:
And to be honest that last "not interested" message was me as nicely as possible ending the conversation before it got any more tense. He came back at me kind of aggressively seeking a back and forth tit for tat and and in the end that's not why I'm here. So if that means I'm being a dick by cutting off aggressive members that wanna start arguments with me, so be it. But the way I see it I ended a conflict before it got started. Plus why the bubblegum do I wanna talk with someone so sensitive?

When some pissing match gets going its always because some just can't seem to just hit next, ignore it, or if all else fails just completely ignore the poster all together. Hell this group is Romper Room compared to the old Usenet groups where there was no filtering. Never really could get my head around why some let it get too them so much. Don't like what someone is saying or how they are saying it? Skip over them, or if they really bother someone they can just filter them so they never see anything they write. :s0092:
Not sure if you are directing that admonition towards me, but I assure you as a veteran of late 90s flame wars....well, Joe has his rules that protect certain folk at the expense of others. So I behave myself best as possible.

Not sure if you are directing that admonition towards me, but I assure you as a veteran of late 90s flame wars....well, Joe has his rules that protect certain folk at the expense of others. So I behave myself best as possible.
NO! I am talking about in general people who get very exercised about people in the group. I have had a few really go off on me over stuff I thought was pretty tame. When they do I just move on and ignore it. Often it leads to people who get so over the top soon one of the mods has to just shut the whole thread down. That often does seem like a shame to me because often the thread is something I am enjoying other than the few who take it too heart too much :s0092:

When some pissing match gets going its always because some just can't seem to just hit next, ignore it, or if all else fails just completely ignore the poster all together.
On the other hand, SOME FNGs come into an established group with an attitude that they are going to school existing members. OK, I'll rise to such challenges!! Always up for a verbal/written fight. Up to a point, I'll be their Huckleberry. They put some chit out, they deserve some chit back.

On the other hand, SOME FNGs come into an established group with an attitude that they are going to school existing members. OK, I'll rise to such challenges!! Always up for a verbal/written fight. Up to a point, I'll be their Huckleberry. They put some chit out, they deserve some chit back.
:s0140: I would not care, I often find it very fun to read but, I cut my teeth on the Usenet groups that had no filtering. What happens here is the mods will just shut stuff down and it's often a thread I was really enjoying that gets shut down. That is to me a shame when it happens but, as has been said many times. We are playing in Joe's house, so play by Joe's rules :s0092:

Just posting this here....

Its easy for a thread to remain open....
Post comments that are within forum rules....rules which all agreed to follow when joining.

Also...worth noting is that one of our rules states that discussing staff , staff issues or actions , over the open forum , is against forum rules.
If one has a concern contact the Moderator involved via a PM or Joe Link...again via a PM

And now back to the OP....
Would be robbers shot by armed shoppers in Los Angeles.......
Andy

:s0140: I would not care, I often find it very fun to read but, I cut my teeth on the Usenet groups that had no filtering. What happens here is the mods will just shut stuff down and it's often a thread I was really enjoying that gets shut down. That is to me a shame when it happens but, as has been said many times. We are playing in Joe's house, so play by Joe's rules :s0092:
Someday I will be put on the NWFA big ignore list.... rule breaker that I am. I do try not to go too far, but alas, sometimes I just get pissed off. I'm making more use of my personal ignore list tho... that way I don't have to deal with people that I tend to get peeved with... I haven't seen TurdboVainer in years, my forum experience is much quieter for it.

Lets knock it off with the jabs ( subtle or not ) and all the other back and forth...
Keep to the OP topic...and follow the forum rules
Andy
Thank you Andy. I'm at the point of being which 10th floor window to shove some of these people out of. If I'd have known an innocuous comment & video was going to create so much hate & discord, I'd never of created the post.
Each of us has different views and opinions on ANY given subject and I'm thankful for that. But when those views create discord and stray into personal attack's/insults, then the bubblegum needs to stop. Im asking you to lock the thread with no more posts allowed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads