JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If you care so much that some scum bags live we probably aren't on same page.
Where did I say I CARE that some scumbags live ? I think you missed my point.

FWIW I had a home break in a few years ago and only seconds separated the 'scumbag' from one of two outcomes - and his was that he was carried away, alive, in the backseat of a LEO pickup.

I am forever glad I did NOT shoot the person - and I hope I never have to shoot anybody or have to deal with the physical and emotional aftermath of even how relatively 'uneventful' my situation turned out.

And so I don't have to provide details here is the news story:

Last Edited:
Where did I say I CARE that some scumbags live ? I think you missed my point.

FWIW I had a home break in a few years ago and only seconds separated the 'scumbag' from one of two outcomes - and the outcomes was he was carried away, alive, in the backseat of a LEO pickup.

I am forever glad I did NOT shoot the person - and I hope I never have to shoot anybody or have to deal with the physical and emotional aftermath of even how relatively 'uneventful' my situation turned out.

And so I don't have to provide details her is the news story:
Yea, not interested.

In my experience a excellent way to avoid being shot...is not committing or attempting to commit a crime.

In any event...While I do not take joy out of someone being shot....if they did not attempt to rob someone...then they might not have been shot.
Seems simple enough.
Andy

Last Edited:
Its not terribly difficult to get a concealed carry permit in California. You just have to county shop. Inland empire up through the central valley and most of Norther California you can get a permit without much problem.

Its not terribly difficult to get a concealed carry permit in California. You just have to county shop. Inland empire up through the central valley and most of Norther California you can get a permit without much problem.
Will they let people who live in LA go out from where they live and get one? If so I'm shocked there is not more of this the way things are going there.

Will they let people who live in LA go out from where they live and get one? If so I'm shocked there is not more of this the way things are going there.
I did a quick check on this and found this response from a CA LEO. His last paragraph is a bit contradictory however:

Yes. If you are issued a CCW permit in any of California's counties, it is valid throughout the state.

Much of Northern California and several other counties are actually fairly red and in support of the 2nd amendment. As such, getting a CCW permit is not too difficult.

If you live within a city jurisdiction, then you would apply for one at your local police department, where the Chief can sign off and issue the permit. If you are in the county jurisdiction, it will be the Sheriff's Department, where the Sheriff can sign and issue it.

At my agency, it's fairly straight forward. We give out a packet to the applicant to complete, they get a background check, and then an officer is assigned to complete the background investigation. Upon completion of the investigation, and provided there are no felonies, misdemeanor domestic violence crimes, or restraining orders against someone, then it is pretty much always issued.

Unfortunately, if you reside in one of the s***hole counties like San Francisco or LA area, then you're pretty much not gonna get one unless you have some pull with a higher up official or a lot of money.

Also, carrying in those counties, with a permit from a different area, is dicey. I recently read an article of a couple off-duty cops that got jammed up for carrying concealed in San Francisco. They eventually won the case (because federal law permits any cop to carry nationwide without a permit and just their police ID) but that would still be a pain in the arse to have to deal with. I could only imagine the kind of havoc that would reak on a non-cop CCW permit holder. Best just to avoid those places like the plague.

Realize I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the prospect that cali would allow someone living in LA county go north to get the permit! :s0114: I'd love to be wrong.

You do not need to be a resident of the county you apply for a permit in. If you can show you have a relative in the county and "spend a lot of time there " or own a business in that county you can apply. Some counties will ALMOST rubber stamp it. I know a few residents of the San Fernando Valley with permits from Bakersfield.

Realize I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the prospect that cali would allow someone living in LA county go north to get the permit! :s0114: I'd love to be wrong.
That was why I was asking, don't live there but I would be shocked if LA county allowed that. Would be nice if they did but, I would really be shocked that the law makers there allowed this with their attitude towards people and guns.

You do not need to be a resident of the county you apply for a permit in. If you can show you have a relative in the county and "spend a lot of time there " or own a business in that county you can apply. Some counties will ALMOST rubber stamp it. I know a few residents of the San Fernando Valley with permits from Bakersfield.
Well that is interesting. If I was stuck there I would be trying to find someone to let me say I came to visit them just so I could get the damn permit. Really shocked the law makers have not shut that down.

That was why I was asking, don't live there but I would be shocked if LA county allowed that. Would be nice if they did but, I would really be shocked that the law makers there allowed this with their attitude towards people and guns.

Well that is interesting. If I was stuck there I would be trying to find someone to let me say I came to visit them just so I could get the damn permit. Really shocked the law makers have not shut that down.
Yeah , the ex wifes old boyfriend lived in LA county forever until he took a position up in Olympia . Had a concealed carry permit that he got in Bakersfield the whole time he was living with her in the valley . He ran a paintball field out in the desert out there. Reason enough.

Barely from what I see of the damn laws they come up with their. My state seems to be in a race to see if they can catch up with them. Most of the gun owners here just keep ignoring it and watching the laws here try to catch up to the PRK :s0054:
Yes, for a law abiding gun owner, Cali is no place to be. PNW is tough, too many over populated blue cities.

Yes, for a law abiding gun owner, Cali is no place to be. PNW is tough, too many over populated blue cities.
The problems up here have been too many gun owners paying no attention what is going on. When I turned old enough to buy a handgun in 70's to get a CPL you just went and asked for one. They asked why and you could say anything you wanted they just issued it. Moved to AZ and was back and forth for decades. We never could get a CC law down there even though it was MUCH more to the right. WA voters just keep sleeping at the wheel as more and more laws get passed and most pay no attention until it hits them and they are shocked. :s0054:
Really surprised they never tightened or took the CPL's from us. One of our kids in in ID and it's looking better all the damn time but, lot of left leaning moving there now too and of course they want to screw that up.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads