JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Linda Pinkham sent via text to my phone: "Special prayer. That Randy gets off ventilator and tube comes out this weekend. Thank you prayer warriors"

Thanks again my friends.
Ron

Oh wow...just came across this thread...Randy is a GREAT guy and was one of the first to greet me and show kindness when I joined this site.

I have experienced my own medial concerns and losses in the family over the last couple of years so I know all too well the pain, freight, concerns, depression and all the other emotions when dealing with a sick friend/loved one.

I will place Randy and his family into our family prayers.

Philippians 4:6-7

Update from Linda: "Randy is holding on. Slight improvement. Need to keep him to slow breaths: Prayers please."

Ron
You got it! Randy is in my daily thoughts and prayers. I lost my Dad a years ago last July to metasic cancer, so Randy's condition is near and dear to me...I don't though a day without thinking about Randy mutiple times a day.

From Linda: "Randy had a tough night. Panic attack, coughing, fever no sleep. Just finished a good nap, getting cleaned. Doc says he has still improved. Xray show some fluid in lower lungs but lasix should take care of it."

I was caught in a position where I couldn't make the 150 mile one way trip yesterday to OKC with a laptop for Randy. I posted a note about it on Okshooter.com forum and within about 15 minutes we had one guy donating his laptop and a great lady moderator that is deliverring it to him this afternoon. Randy has touched a lot of hearts. Also these forums are wonderful, filled with great people.

Thank you very much
Ron

When the fuild in the lungs is not being expelled though normal breathing, it can build up in the lungs and the person can feel like they are drowning which cause the person to panic, I been though this twice with both my father and step father which had lung cancer. My heart goes out to Linda and Randy...I can't imagine what it like when your spouce and best friend is helpless in hospital whom you have known always to be strong. Please let Randy know that we are praying for him and is on our mind daily.

I just got a text from Linda and the folks from Okshooters.com just left after a nice visit and they took wonderful care of Randy. Dealing with this puts my faith back in mankind. Just a thought though you don't see Obama voters taking care of their friends or praying for them like our people. You all are very special people.

Update from Linda:" Randy had a good night's sleep. Alert this morning. Writing notes. Making demands. Asking questions. Still improving. Slowly"

I also just got a note from Randy with his new Laptop:" Hi. New policy. No Computer when on the ventilator. PleaSe Share. ThanX Pink."

Perhaps not being able to get on the laptop while on the vent will hurry him into getting better.

Please keep them in your prayers.
Ron

From Linda today at 11:39 AM: "Randy is doing very good. Passed the breathing test for ventilator removal. It is possible. In for CT scan of Lungs soon. Then will decide. I am excited nervous. Please thank God for all He has done."

Ron here: now I'm adding that with all the internet friends of Randy that I have been keeping up to date on his welfare and reading their writing about the prayers they are sending I must say I'm very impressed. Often times we get in arguments on our forums but when one of the "family" needs prayer and help I am seeing results from all the prayers going out from coast to coast. I was so worried about how Randy was going to survive this but I feel that the Lord has gone out of his way to listen to all the prayers and it helping Randy get through this. I was with my Mother today and she has had Alzheimer's for the past 10 or more years. She asked about my Father who passed away on May 3rd this year at age 91 after 71 years of marriage with Mom. It was tough trying to explain that Dad was in Heaven and to get her to understand it but she finally kind of got the idea. With Randy being sick and Dad gone I'm feeling pretty lonely. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Ron

Ron thank you for keeping us updated. This is definitely a family...sometimes families fight and even divide but when there is a family emergency they unite and support.

I have met many of you in person in and luckily only have come across a couple "special" family members. :)

Ron if you come on up to Oregon ever send me a PM and and also I think you would have enough friends up here to visit for 6 months or longer!

Keeping Randy in my prayers...

think it was last year i was looking for a holster posted in the chat box and missed randy's reply,,,,, regardless taht i never really talked to him or chated with him prayers asked for are prayers that will be sent :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top