JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday was Randy's birthday, according to Facebook. I saw the notification and then saw the information about the funeral.... thought it was fitting... yeah miss talking to him, for sure...

Ron, please accept my condolences and let Linda and the family know too. Although I never had the honor of meeting him, we did exchange PMs in the past. A true gentleman and he will be missed.
James

I never thought that it would get to me like it has. I've been helping Linda with the sale of a few of the guns and a customer and friend of mine (Kirk):cool: purchased 5 guns from her. They were guns that Randy picked up in the last year and we had not had time to really work out all the bugs. One was his Bohica 50 BMG with a 36" barrel. In the process my friend picked up 100 rounds of American something ball ammo. We had a few problems with them going off constantly I worked on the hammer/trigger and after I did all the usual stuff to fix those I still had light strikes on that ammo but never with my ammo. I measured our firing pins and there was a .002 difference in the length of the tip of his firing pin. I chucked it in my drill and used my Foredom tool with a rubber abrasive wheel to remove that .002 from the shoulder behind where the firing pin tip went through the bolt pin hole. I love it when a plan comes together. The rifle shoots wonderful now and he didn't have to spend any more money. I don't go out of my way to make close friends often as I'm kind of a home guy and keep my friend circles kind of small but Kirk is a good young man and new father that is working hard to provide well for his family. I've been remembering the fun Randy and I had together working out different situations with our guns and this reminds me of it. I sure miss Randy but spending time with Kirk has been helping. He works at the local Ford dealership and I had to take my F350 down there today because the Air Conditioner has not been performing as well as it used to in this 105 Oklahoma weather. They worked on it for a hour and half and didn't charge me a dime. Boy was I surprised. I guess what goes around comes back when it comes to kindnesses done to other people. Randy and I went out of our way to stay even on our attempts to do stuff for each other so neither one of us felt used by the other. Looks like Kirk is the same type of guy. :s0041::cool:

I once sold some parts to Randy. They were AR parts that I took off to replace with better stuff. One of them was a shortened 24" barrel that had had some pitting in the last 2" when I acquired it. I wasn't sure that shortening it would cure its accuracy problems, so I sold it to Randy with a lifetime money back guarantee. He went out of his way to get back to me and say that I needn't worry, that it was shooting just fine. That's pure class, folks.

It saddens me that I just got the word of Randy's passing. Being deployed I haven't been able to get online much until now. He helped me a lot with building my first AR-15 and was always a great man to bounce ideas off of. May he rest in peace.

I was cleaning and organizing my 1911 parts and magazines and came across a pack of guide rod springs that said "Surprise gift - Randy" on masking tape.
He sent me this when we traded a bunch of 1911 parts. Really cool dude!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top