JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I continue to pray for Randy and his family for quick healing and even more important is randy's acceptance of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ and the grace that it brings! Please continue the updates!

I got a call pretty early this morning from Linda that they needed someone to stop by the house to pick up a accordion folder with some much needed paperwork for Randy. She also wanted me to bring a pillow that is special to Randy. I was a bit worried about my taking my meds and driving but my wife jumped right in saying she would be happy to help with the driving. It's 145 mile from my place to the Intregris Baptist Hospital in Oklahoma City where he is in the ICU since flying up there yesterday. So off we took stopping by Randy's house to pick up the needed items and then on the road for OKC. No problem getting up there and I even filled up my wife's Taurus yesterday so we had a full tank. Using the TomTom GPS we drove right to the hospital without any trouble. Randy was half in/half out of medical alertness but he was able to squeeze my hand and nod his head when I spoke with him. They are keeping him as comfortable as possible with the drugs, something that they seemed to be afraid of doing here in Altus. I don't know which is best for him but at least he seemed to be in a more comfortable condition today.

We stopped by Sam's Club to spend some money and then Best Buy because we have neither close to our home near Blair Oklahoma. My wife recently picked up 5 Road Island Red chickens and I built her a coop for them. They were attacked about 2 weeks ago for the second time and whatever it was left a bunch of teeth marks where they ripped open the tongue and grove boards on the front before they were able to kill one of the chickens. Now in the process my wife purchased a Great Pyrenees puppy for $300 and today I purchased a camera system that will record and alert us if anyone/thing trips it's security protocols enough to send us pictures via our phone and also send email messages to our phones with pictures. I believe these are going to be the world's most expensive eggs when the chickens start laying again when they get over the shock.

On the way home we were west of Lawton Oklahoma traveling about 70 MPH and my wife started to make one of those noises that I've asked her several times not to but this time she was right on as the SUV in front of us had the left rear tire lose its tread in a very violent act. My wife's alerting me helped me to dodge the tread parts and I was able to slow down fast enough to watch the SUV travel from both sides of the 2 lane road twice before it did a 180 and ended up facing me. I think he needed to change his britches after that maneuver. It sure trashed the left side of his SUV and I told him that I was a witness to the tire throwing its tread and that the tire still had what looked like plenty of air in it. This happened to our truck 3 months ago on the way to Roman Nose State park and our Laredo tires had the right rear tire throw it's tread the same way and the tire still had 70 psi in it. Michelin tires had me send them the tire and then paid to cover the damage to our 2002 Ford F350 Powerstroke and paid for a replacement tire. The original tire only had 1800 miles on it.

To end up all this story, Randy still needs our prayers and Linda has decided that Randy will make it home so that he can clean out the garage full of tools, old vintage cars like his MG, Jag and 1960 something Falcon wagon. Not to mention the FFL paperwork and the guns. She knows we are here to help but they still need our prayers.

Ron

I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Ok here is what I have for you all for today. I got a text from Randy's wife Linda this morning and it said: "Randy is hanging in there. God the great physician has him in His hands. X-ray looks better and lungs sound somewhat improved." After I responded she also said: "Yes x-ray and lungs a bit improved. Long way to go."

Keep up the prayers please!

I also want to personally thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

Ron

I've typed several responses to this thread only to erase them. It seems I never know what to say in situations like this. Thanks for the updates. Randy's a good guy and my thoughts are with him.

Today's update. " Randy has again improved. Left lung better. His sedation is reduced, so more aware breathing is good. O2 saturation is good to (for being intubated). Good talk with Doc. Randy has a long road ahead. He will have to help with being cooperative."

All of us doing our best to keep his mental attitude up and praying is the best we can do.
Ron

This morning's text message from Randy Pinkham's wife Linda: "Randy is about the same. Adjusting meds. He is stable. Gets anxious. Body functions in good working order. Reduced ventilator 45 minutes. A start."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top