JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is the text fresh from Linda: “Randy took a setback Got too tired yesterday. Increased pressure on ventilator. Lungs shows significant damage. COPD and poss fibrosis. Going to talk to new doctor. But what is next? Rand REALLY Wants the tube OUT. A different doc. Will Talk to him soon Staff are all pleased with this Doc. Randy gets PT. Just finished. Limitations due to vent tube.”

We can’t quit praying yet.

Ron

While the setback is not good, I take it as a good sign that they have him doing PT. He does not strike me as a guy who likes to do nothing. And that tube is more like a leash than anything else.
Continued Prayers...

Another update from Linda today: “UPDATE: Prayers needed. Randy is getting brachiostomy to look at lungs and flush. Want to find the offending organism that is still there. Then soon they will get a thoacotomy [I don’t know what this is or how it is spelled] done (tomorrow). Prayers please!

The Brachial thing went well. No bleeding Randy did well. No sign of extra Cancer. Not much in the way of gunk. Flushed and off for analysis.”

Ron

I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change

Today's message from Linda while I was working on a termite problem at the Lone Wolf Kiowa County District #2 Equipment Barn. At 12:34 PM today Linda sent: "Randy had to go in for a Tracheotomy. Will give report when done. Then at 2:05 PM "UPDATE: Randy is out of a successful surgery. Resting well. I need to stay close so he does not get anxious and move too much. He needs to still heal."

2b8x.jpg

Now from my point of view. In the picture Randy looks much happier than he did with the Ventilator stuck down his throat. I'm glad he made it through the surgery safely but I hate to see him going through all these trials. It just breaks my heart to see my best friends being tortured by these different challenges. Such a hassle to have to deal with all of this, I so wish that I could do more for him to make life easier.

I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Last Edited:
Wow, I had no idea this was happening. Randy is a great guy and has been a valued member of this community for a long time. I will be praying for a quick and full recovery and for strength for his family.

stay strong to you as well Ron, you have many friends here in the NW. we all pray for both of you to come thru this with flying colors! thank you from all of us.

I thank you all. You don't know how much this means to me to see all the support for Randy. I also appreciate the words of encouragement and prayers sent my way. (I just got my Nightforce 8-32X56 NXS scope back from the factory where I had a highspeed zerostop turret installed. It's mounted back on my 50 BMG and I want so much to take Randy out for some long range shooting. He is fixing to make a trade for an American 180 .22 LR machine gun that is a sweet shooter at 1900 RPM. It has a several drums and I think the largest is 377 rounds. It sings like a chainsaw. We enjoy our toys/tools/shooting.

I was beginning to wonder about Randy but I just got this from Linda: " Was with Randy all night. With the Trach I wanted/needed to be with him. Then waited for Doc' rounds.

Randy is again improved. Don't know about xray yet. He passed the breathing test. Almost easily. Expect to try just O2 through trach today. See how he maintains. One step closer to home. God is good...NO...... GREAT!"

I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

That is good news! I know it must be a pain to keep us informed, but please continue to do so! As so many folks on the this board are praying for Randy.

I don't know how long Randy is going to be in Intensive Care up in Oklahoma City but Linda did send me an address for those who would like to send cards or whatever.

Linda wrote:" Can get mail, send to

Randy Pinkham C/O
Baptist Hospital
3300 NW Expressway
Oklahoma City, Ok 73112"

Also for today's update:" Randy is about same On Vent (CPAP) support when he gets tired. Xray showed some fluid accumulation. So back on Lasix. Rest is hard to get."

From my point of view Linda has sure been a trooper and I feel so sorry for what they both are going through. At least I can do what little I can to keep the folks up to date on what is going on. I so wish I could do more.

Ron

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads