JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mandatory overtime in a factory job? For that little compensation? I'd rather work at Dick's up here flipping burgers
Comments like that were made by a few Ruger employee reviewers.

my "working in a factory nightmare" would be doing the same task all day long. Working at several different machines sounds like a good way to break up the tedium, and maintain some degree of consistent focus on the task at hand during a long shift.
I worked for many years in a place where the majority of the jobs were tedious and done by rote. Which wasn't my preference. I preferred variety to break up the work day. But I found that many of those fellow employees who toiled at the repetitive work actually enjoyed it. It relieved them of work that required thinking and problem solving. As a result, the very jobs that I liked were unpopular and wide open for bid when they came up.

Former employees tend to leave less flattering feedback than left by those that enjoy the company.
I've thought about that. For one thing, it might just be that on-board employees are reluctant to comment online. One way or the other. I don't know if HR would have a way of knowing who did, could ID posts, etc., but some might just be inimidated enough not to do it. I think the employee turn-over speaks for itself. You can go right now and see Ruger has openings all over the place in their various plants. Some of that might be Covid these days. But $12 an hour might be part of it too.

Best working day I ever had, anywhere, was the day I walked out the door of my last job for the last time and into retirement. 14 years ago.

I'm surprised how much poor workmanship escapes QC these days. Even expensive ("high quality") firearms have burrs, rough edges and fitment issues I would never allow to escape our shop.
This has been my experience with contemporary Smith & Wesson products, several times.

Ruger was built on the idea of making things easier to mass produce. Part of that is driving employees to do more and faster! DR
Several employees leaving reviews mentioned that they were required to meet a quota. One said they were still responsible for the quota even if a machine went down or some other event occurred that they had no control over.

l usually give the on-line gripes of ex-employees and (often) those that say they worked somewhere (but are really just trolls), the same consideration as I give many of those, "product reviews"...
Reviews of any kind cannot all be fake. Even if 50% are bogus, you can get an impression.

I worked for many years in a place where the majority of the jobs were tedious and done by rote. Which wasn't my preference. I preferred variety to break up the work day. But I found that many of those fellow employees who toiled at the repetitive work actually enjoyed it. It relieved them of work that required thinking and problem solving. As a result, the very jobs that I liked were unpopular and wide open for bid when they came up.
There are days when I remember fondly working at the boring, repetitive jobs of my past. I could go home at the end of the day without a care in the world. No worrying about emergency calls in the middle of the night to go fix something. No worrying about regulatory compliance and surprise audits. No worrying about the mountain of work waiting for me after a week off.

Then I remember what it was really like, especially my time running a milling machine. Boring as heck, my clothes always stunk like cutting fluid, and I could never get my hands clean. In some ways it was as bad as dairy farming.

More then a few in here would have a better mental health outlook if by the end of the day, they made a fine finished product with a developed expertise and skill set. That Ruger Mark I, was built by someone that took pride in their work, and it was made in America. Ruger is still around. Colt, despite having a blank check from the govt, couldn't keep the doors open.

People run out and buy plastic Glocks from Germany, Iphones and TVs from a communist country, then complain why the jobs have gone overseas, pretending to be an expert on how Ruger should run their company.

More then a few in here would have a better mental health outlook if by the end of the day, they made a fine finished product with a developed expertise and skill set. That Ruger Mark I, was built by someone that took pride in their work, and it was made in America. Ruger is still around. Colt, despite having a blank check from the govt, couldn't keep the doors open.

People run out and buy plastic Glocks from Germany, Iphones and TVs from a communist country, then complain why the jobs have gone overseas, pretending to be an expert on how Ruger should run their company.
There's really nothing quite like a nice keyboard when it comes to satisfaction.

German glocks are ceramic.

Ackchewally

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews