JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Oops.... :D
Andy

Well….. I can think of 10 laws (15 if you believe Mel Brooks… LOL) that cover pretty much EVERYTHING and they've been around for a few thousand years, and I'd wager things have pretty much moved in an opposite direction of their directives DESPITE their existence.
I'd wager that they have not. But I likely have a different perspective tha you do.

So…. lying, cheating, murdering, shagging your neighbor's wife, etc, etc, etc, etc…. that's all been on the decline for thousands of years?

Respectfully, that's a highly rose-colored perspective you have there……
it sure is not. But I am not really into the whole thing about descent into depravity after some golden age. It is a tired myth/motif. Jerry Mathers was just an actor.

Last Edited:
Of course gun control works.

Look at the laws being passed in the PNW and how fast people immediately comply. Hell, they comply before they are even passed. Look at all the threads here.

The thing is gun control works on the people it was not "intended" for. Obviously criminals will disregard the laws but it will work 100% on law abiding citizens who are worried about possible repercussions.

At the end of the day they continue to grasp more control. And that's all they want. Power.

Why yes, yes there IS a demand….. Glock switches are more prolific than you think, the MSM just doesn't report it because a certain demographic are the main consumers.
The white skinned, blue collar WORKING variant?

I don't need a "study" to know that laws are for the law-abiding and that murder is already illegal, yet that prohibition does not stop some people from intentionally killing other people - guns or not.
I agree...not sure why you quoted me here....

In any event...
Understanding the studies and data used by the opposition is important , so we can , as I said earlier refute their claims
Andy

There are 20,000 or so gun laws already in place...if they worked why are there so many of them....?
If you want the same results....keep doing what you always have done.
If you want different results....you gotta do something different.

It seems to me ...that it ain't so much "gun control" that some folks are after , but more like "people control."
That said....I admit that the above is just my take on things ...not really any data driven science or there.

Be that as it may....
Criminals are by their actions....law breakers.
So....
Just what is the big deal for yet another gun law for them to break...?

Tossing more and more laws , bans , restrictions and the like , only serve to infringe on the Right to keep and bear Arms...
And do nothing to in regards to safety or reducing crime.
Andy
Much like firearm ownership...just one more...

Of course gun control works.

Look at the laws being passed in the PNW and how fast people immediately comply. Hell, they comply before they are even passed. Look at all the threads here.

The thing is gun control works on the people it was not "intended" for. Obviously criminals will disregard the laws but it will work 100% on law abiding citizens who are worried about possible repercussions.

At the end of the day they continue to grasp more control. And that's all they want. Power.
You need to define "works." Does gun control "work" to make a safer society as is its stated objective? Rhetorical question, of course we all know the answer. Laws are for the law-abiding. Hence, gun control "works" in disarming law-abiding citizens, ie the people who are NOT THE PROBLEM.

That's the quiet part that some of them are now beginning to say out loud - as if to taunt us, the law-abiding.

Well….. I can think of 10 laws (15 if you believe Mel Brooks… LOL) that cover pretty much EVERYTHING and they've been around for a few thousand years, and I'd wager things have pretty much moved in an opposite direction of their directives DESPITE their existence.
Yup, and those ten laws all boil down to stealing. I didn't realize that until I heard the Great Thomas Sowell explain that all crimes were a variation of theft. Murder, for example, is the theft of life. It's also the theft of that person from their loved ones.

It was a revelation when I re-read those ten laws from that perspective.

Last Edited:
You need to define "works." Does gun control "work" to make a safer society as is its stated objective? Rhetorical question, of course we all know the answer. Laws are for the law-abiding. Hence, gun control "works" in disarming law-abiding citizens, ie the people who are NOT THE PROBLEM.

That's the quiet part that some of them are now beginning to say out loud - as if to taunt us, the law-abiding.
Gun control was never introduced to create a "safer society." Don't kid yourself.

Since gun control is predominantly about control rather than guns, I'd summit...yes, it does work and that has been historically proven multiple times. "A safer society" is not, never has been and never will be a factor of consideration, it is simply a selling point for the sheeple who are too stupid to accept otherwise.

Since gun control is predominantly about control rather than guns, I'd summit...yes, it does work and that has been historically proven multiple times. "A safer society" is not, never has been and never will be a factor of consideration, it is simply a selling point for the sheeple who are too stupid to accept otherwise.
Why I am asking for a definiton of "works." The stated objective of antis is "safety." But we all know they just hate guns and (lawful) gun owners. FFS they don't even say gun control any more... It's now called gun "safety."

So in the common understanding of the lexicon, the objective of gun control is "fewer people shot" AKA a safer society as I stated. We can debate the motives of the gun control advocates, but if the question is asked in good faith, the answer is self-evident and of course it is "no, gun control does not work." The only thing that would work is people control, which - ironically - is the one thing the antis refuse to even put on the table.

Why I am asking for a definiton of "works." The stated objective of antis is "safety." But we all know they just hate guns and (lawful) gun owners. FFS they don't even say gun control any more... It's now called gun "safety."

So in the common understanding of the lexicon, the objective of gun control is "fewer people shot" AKA a safer society as I stated. We can debate the motives of the gun control advocates, but if the question is asked in good faith, the answer is self-evident and of course it is "no, gun control does not work." The only thing that would work is people control, which - ironically - is the one thing the antis refuse to even put on the table.
I believe that is what's know as talking out of both sides of one's mouth. Taking anything related to "gun safety" seriously coming from a leftist is akin to taking advice about women from Don Lemon.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews