JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't watched the video yet, but gun control works as well as the 18th amendment during the prohibition era which was advocated for, and brought in by a bunch of hand-wringing busy-body Karens (and cuc's), which spawned the "gangster era" and then led to the 21st amendment that repealed the 18th amendment (which still allowed for state & local prohibition, hence why there are a few "dry counties").

The cartels will be (and are) only too happy to supply "illegal" weapons (not to mention sex-slaves, and narcotics) to ANYONE with money.

People are dumb and NEVER learn from the mistakes of the past.

There are 20,000 or so gun laws already in place...if they worked why are there so many of them....?
If you want the same results....keep doing what you always have done.
If you want different results....you gotta do something different.

It seems to me ...that it ain't so much "gun control" that some folks are after , but more like "people control."
That said....I admit that the above is just my take on things ...not really any data driven science or there.

Be that as it may....
Criminals are by their actions....law breakers.
So....
Just what is the big deal for yet another gun law for them to break...?

Tossing more and more laws , bans , restrictions and the like , only serve to infringe on the Right to keep and bear Arms...
And do nothing to in regards to safety or reducing crime.
Andy

Pretty much all of us are on the same side where gun control legislation is concerned. I don't know if any of you are aware that many politicians are touting that gun control works based on studies.

The video pretty much shows that the studies cherry picked by politicians to back up their claims used by cherry picked data sets, exclude data that would give contrary results, and otherwise obfuscates to come to a predetermined conclusion.

We need to be versed in this because otherwise the assumed authority given by these falsified studies will convince the casual or non gun owner to go along.

There are over ONE MILLION defensive gun uses (DGU's) in the USA every year, most not even requiring a shot being fired, and that's from the FBI's stats.

It also used to be on the CDC website….. that is until the anti-2A's compelled their "simps" over there to quietly remove that information.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

-Mark Twain

Yes, in some scenarios, gun control works. That's the problem.

If the US had instead put every firearm on the NFA back in the early days of fuddery, we'd be in a much different world today - and arguably there would be less firearm homicide.

Would there also be an uptick in, let's say stabbing deaths of innocent women by jilted ex lovers? Yea…that too.

But, it doesn't matter if an impoverished woman can no longer protect herself or her family, doesn't matter if an elderly or disabled dude is abused and left to rot - as long as little Suzy's chance of death by bullet drops to absolute zero.

Of course studies and data are cherry picked....that is a time honored method of deceit.
I do agree with the idea of being well versed in this , to refute false data.
Andy
I don't need a "study" to know that laws are for the law-abiding and that murder is already illegal, yet that prohibition does not stop some people from intentionally killing other people - guns or not.

Yes, in some scenarios, gun control works. That's the problem.

If the US had instead put every firearm on the NFA back in the early days of fuddery, we'd be in a much different world today - and arguably there would be less firearm homicide.

Would there also be an uptick in, let's say stabbing deaths of innocent women by jilted ex lovers? Yea…that too.

But, it doesn't matter if an impoverished woman can no longer protect herself or her family, doesn't matter if an elderly or disabled dude is abused and left to rot - as long as little Suzy's chance of death by bullet drops to absolute zero.
I am going to respectfully disagree: History has shown ad infinitum that when there is a demand for contraband, there is ALWAYS someone willing to fulfill that demand - whether illicit firearms, heroin, alcoholic beverages. To these purveyors, the rich rewards outweigh the risks. Just ask Al Capone...

I am going to respectfully disagree: History has shown ad infinitum that when there is a demand for contraband, there is ALWAYS someone willing to fulfill that demand - whether illicit firearms, heroin, alcoholic beverages. To these purveyors, the rich rewards outweigh the risks. Just ask Al Capone...
It would be a question of demand. Like I said, after almost 100 years of NFA fuddery, is there enough demand for MG's to support an illicit market? Why do we think firearms in general would be any different?

Pretty much all of us are on the same side where gun control legislation is concerned. I don't know if any of you are aware that many politicians are touting that gun control works based on studies.

The video pretty much shows that the studies cherry picked by politicians to back up their claims used by cherry picked data sets, exclude data that would give contrary results, and otherwise obfuscates to come to a predetermined conclusion.

We need to be versed in this because otherwise the assumed authority given by these falsified studies will convince the casual or non gun owner to go along.
Studies and polls only get the desired result of those who paid for it.

Gun control is a tool to get votes, and it works.

No different than

The Abortion pill
Endorsing perversion training in schools
or
Billions more needed for the homelessness crisis

It would be a question of demand. Like I said, after almost 100 years of NFA fuddery, is there enough demand for MG's to support an illicit market? Why do we think firearms in general would be any different?
Bad actors create demand for tools they can use to inflict the damage they seek to inflict. Were it not for the bad actors, "gun control" would not even be a concept.

Why yes, yes there IS a demand….. Glock switches are more prolific than you think, the MSM just doesn't report it because a certain demographic are the main consumers.

Do laws against anything work?

Yes, incrementally.

Still lots of drunk drivers and burglars out there.
Well….. I can think of 10 laws (15 if you believe Mel Brooks… LOL) that cover pretty much EVERYTHING and they've been around for a few thousand years, and I'd wager things have pretty much moved in an opposite direction of their directives DESPITE their existence.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews