JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody here have any experience with a good workers comp attorney? Wifey had a fall at work a couple /three months ago and tore her rotator cuff. Wifey's messed up, but still functional as long as she doesn't need to raise her arm above shoulder height Actually, she can't really get shoulder height either. They sent her to an IME guy, IME = Independent Medical Exam. When this guy sent his results to "Sedgwick" they closed her workers comp claim. She wasn't even informed until she was trying to get a shot before we went on vaca! She's in desperate need of another shot to carry her though the next few weeks and the ortho/his office completely refused to have any discussion. We've got insurance so she'll get the shot, but we're going to need a workers comp attorney.

I am sad to not know any of the Portland attorneys, I would have said Jim Egan of albany, he helped me 20 years ago, and he was as good a shark as ever there was, but I just checked and he is possibly a judge now, not a lawyer.
I am not a lawyer, but I have been railroaded by Saif before.
IME doctors are the insurance companys paid Whores.
Medically stationary is the term they use to describe that it isn't getting any better or worse.
Any competent Portland Lawyer should be able to reverse their railroading of your wife, it will involve getting another doctor to go against the Whore doctors word and possibly involves reopening the claim, because your wifes pain has increased.

This is a Heavy hint from me.

I am sad to not know any of the Portland attorneys, I would have said Jim Egan of albany, he helped me 20 years ago, and he was as good a shark as ever there was, but I just checked and he is possibly a judge now, not a lawyer.
I am not a lawyer, but I have been railroaded by Saif before.
IME doctors are the insurance companys paid Whores.
Medically stationary is the term they use to describe that it isn't getting any better or worse.
Any competent Portland Lawyer should be able to reverse their railroading of your wife, it will involve getting another doctor to go against the Whore doctors word and possibly involves reopening the claim, because your wifes pain has increased.

This is a Heavy hint from me.

Thanks for the reply.

She found a guy local to us who has good reviews and has a phone appointment Wednesday. Yes, I figured the IME is just that! The company paying him is Sedgwick, BTW. This is a bunch of crap. They have the MRI that shows a torn rotator cuff! She went to her last PT, after asking if she should, being that her claim was closed, and he said it was BS and he wanted to take a bunch of measurements for her to use as evidence of the injury.

I am glad that you talked to a lawyer up there, also the insurance company might have only paid for am MRI without contrast, and don't let them say her job was anything less than it was.

Good luck, and should things get worse, get help from your lawyer filling out the form 827, and remind her remember the pain is still there even though they have you all doped up when your asked on a scale of one to ten, remember that 6 or above is the answer.

My lawyer helped me find good doctors to go to, and when the bills came to me the lawyer submitted them to the insurance, etc.
Oh and don't discus or fill out anywhere within intake paperwork that you own guns or use them, it is not their business, and if they want to discuss with you, ask isnt this out of your Scope of expertise.

And +1 also speedy recovery as said just above.

Last Edited:
I am glad that you talked to a lawyer up there, also the insurance company might have only paid for am MRI without contrast, and don't let them say her job was anything less than it was.

Good luck, and should things get worse, get help from your lawyer filling out the form 827, and remind her remember the pain is still there even though they have you all doped up when your asked on a scale of one to ten, remember that 6 or above is the answer. i said 5 because I could still tell that things were wrong, and I was ignored.
but hey I was eating planters peanut jars full of percoset for months on end month.

My lawyer helped me find good doctors to go to, and when the bills came to me the lawyer submitted them to the insurance, etc. Today I am on my second artificial wrist and Saif was kinder the second time when I opened the claim on an own motion claim so that I could get essentially warranty work done.
Oh and don't discus or fill out anywhere within intake paperwork that you own guns or use them, it is not their business, and if they want to discuss with you, ask isnt this out of your Scope of expertise.

And +1 also speedy recovery as said just above.

The thing is, she's still working, and has been. Minor meds (an ibuprofen/acetaminophen a couple times a day) control what pain she does have. Her job allows her to have others do the things she can't now. The problem is she's not able to raise that arm high enough to fluff her hair, pour the water in the coffee maker and all sorts of other things. She's been forced to become left handed for anything where her arm needs to move anywhere near shoulder height.

does she still have restrictions from the doctor?
I highly recomend meeting with the lawyer as soon as possible, get that claim reopened.

Workers comp insurance is supposed to help the injured worker, not shield the employer as they now do thanks to lax state laws of recent, that I won't get into.

If others are doing the things that she used to do, then she is not doing the job at time of injury, even if the company she works for has made a position for her, Beware, oregon is at will employment.

Also, I am sorry if I seem worked up about workers comp.
If you have a good lawyer, the insurance company should get spanked back into compliance with the law.
I just empathize to the extreme when others are done wrong and I cant fix it with the skills that I have remaining.

Hindsite.

Last Edited:
My brother went through a similar situation in Washington. One thing for sure, the IME is a bunch of medical malfeasance propagated by the state to deny a claim. No 2 ways about it. My brother went through 4 IMEs. The last one resulted in a claim denial as "pain" was not a sufficient reason to not go back to work. He hasn't walked without a cane since he was hurt 5 years ago. Aw, it's a long story. Lawyer up & do it good and right now! Don't wait! Lawyer up!!

Anybody here have any experience with a good workers comp attorney? Wifey had a fall at work a couple /three months ago and tore her rotator cuff. Wifey's messed up, but still functional as long as she doesn't need to raise her arm above shoulder height Actually, she can't really get shoulder height either. They sent her to an IME guy, IME = Independent Medical Exam. When this guy sent his results to "Sedgwick" they closed her workers comp claim. She wasn't even informed until she was trying to get a shot before we went on vaca! She's in desperate need of another shot to carry her though the next few weeks and the ortho/his office completely refused to have any discussion. We've got insurance so she'll get the shot, but we're going to need a workers comp attorney.
My Dad "HATED" insurance companies I believe more than anything else.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top