JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If say, 1000 workers on a 40 hour week becomes 1250 workers on a 32 hour week… union collects dues from 25% more members, plus however much more in their dues% of whatever pay increase is negotiated.

Union Incorporated then has more money to buy politicians. :s0155:

Follow the real money.

Every time a local votes for stuff like this the members are cutting their own throats. Sure, they may get less hours per week and a little chump change tacked on. What they are really doing is helping make room for more automation with less positions...which is a win for the makers who are wanting exactly that.

Full automation is coming and when it arrives, most of their jobs will be gone forever.
Hell, they are building cyborg (Terminator) plants right now in Oregon.

"Oh No.. our unions will stop that from happening".
You betcha. Now tell me that those "Mighty Mighty" Unions are no longer infested with the guys who show up at contract negotiations in black Caddies wearing leather trench coats, were really just the janitors.
I must have been halucinating.

Last Edited:
Ok. Bottom line is, they know what they want and they're trying to get it. May have unintended consequences, IDK. Don't really care how it goes for them, either.
Yep, again its adults making adult choices. Bottom line though is we all know what will happen if they face adult consequences for these adult choices they made. They will scream for gov to bail them out with printed money. Then we all get to pay, or at least those of us who actually work and pay taxes. A LOT of the mess we are in is a direct result of personal responsibility becoming a thing of the past. Adults want to make really poor choices and then have me bail them out. Over and over again. 🤬
I would love to see everyone who walked off get fired and get nothing. When they have to take a job that pays a fraction of what they were making they can enjoy what they asked for in life.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews