JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll take it. Business is business. Good on them for putting their money where their mouth is.

Also, while things like Monument designations might not be ideal for hunting or shooting use, I'd still MUCH rather see lands in public hands than in some oil company's.

It's an industry only event. HUGE. I've been to the summer show a few times.
How big is it?

The Salt Palace is over 500k square feet, OR uses every bit of it AND covers a parking lot across the street for vender overflow.
Fortunately the Oregon Convention Center is almost double the size, and should be able to get all the venders in one place.

Hotels... Hotels are BOOKED. Remember SLC hosted the winter olympics... OR still books out every hotel and hostel in town. The company I worked with ends up renting a house in Park City over 30 miles away and drives back and forth. I'm not sure if Portland hotels could pull it off.

Demo days... Part of the show includes on the water/on the snow demo preceding the show opener. In the case of the summer show, this is done on a lake almost an hour out of town. What has ALWAYS confused me is that there never have been people out water skiing or otherwise boating on the water. They'd be hardpressed to find some place to line up over a halfmile of kayaks in safe water. At Hagg Lake, that would stretch from the fishing dock all the way back into Sain Creek. Either of the rivers wouldn't be appropriate.

While the trade show is a good time, I dunno that I'd want it in my backyard.

While the trade show is a good time, I dunno that I'd want it in my backyard.

Having been to big industry trade shows like OR myself I think it would be unlikely to come to Portland because of the lack of infrastructure for such a large event. Denver or even Las Vegas is much more likely.

Having been to big industry trade shows like OR myself I think it would be unlikely to come to Portland because of the lack of infrastructure for such a large event. Denver or even Las Vegas is much more likely.
Or possibly Seattle. It would be nice if it came to Portland as it is like a outdoor SHOT show. Takes a while to register though since you have to be a registered buyer. Reason for Edit: hit the post button too early

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top