JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Woman finds a loaded gun on her child's toy in the back yard.

<broken link removed>

Oh the Horror! Good thing the police got there and were able to coral that gun before it ran off by itself, or god forbid started pulling it's own trigger. :s0054:

I don't blame you, but this woman acted like she was afraid it was going to get up and chase her around the house.

I would have handled the situation differently, but I think her reaction was fair, given her circumstance. When you don't know what to do about something threatening or something you fear, it's a pretty natural response to avoid contact with it. And when you're home alone with a child and there's a gun sitting outside your house in a very conspicuous and suspicious manner it's probably wise to let police investigate. Especially if you're a woman and you have little to no gun knowledge. Plus you don't know who's still out there or why they left it in plain sight like that.

And I think it's ridiculous that mentioning a child being in the house should make the call any more or less important. Leaving guns unattended in the open public is pretty dangerous imo.

I think you guys forget that the average person probably isn't prepared or trained to deal with stuff like that. They should be, but they just aren't.

When I got married my wife thought a live round could spontaniously discharge if you droped it. She has since then been educated and now she shoots more than i.

Dang it!!!!! I live too far out in the sticks to have the .357 bunny visit my house...you city-dwellers get ALL the breaks!!!!!!!

mGun.gif rabbit2.gif

:s0114:

I confess i have a strange habit of looking at ditches/etc by the side of the road when walking around the neighborhood for the sole purpose of spotting either a free firearm or bundle of cash...

Hasn't happened yet... clearly I live in the wrong area...

Well that shows how much the idiot sheep in Illinois have been reprogrammed to think all guns are bad and dangerous. Bet one of her relatives forgot it at the last family BBQ and now he'll get caught for that drive by, it is Detroit ya know.

I would have handled the situation differently, but I think her reaction was fair, given her circumstance. When you don't know what to do about something threatening or something you fear, it's a pretty natural response to avoid contact with it. And when you're home alone with a child and there's a gun sitting outside your house in a very conspicuous and suspicious manner it's probably wise to let police investigate. Especially if you're a woman and you have little to no gun knowledge. Plus you don't know who's still out there or why they left it in plain sight like that.

And I think it's ridiculous that mentioning a child being in the house should make the call any more or less important. Leaving guns unattended in the open public is pretty dangerous imo.

I think you guys forget that the average person probably isn't prepared or trained to deal with stuff like that. They should be, but they just aren't.

While I understand your point, IMO the woman grossly overreacted. I mean seriously, calling the local action news line? Then again, some people freak out if they see a snake, even if it's 20 feet away.

BTW, I never suggested it was unwise to call the police, I would have too in that situation if for no other reason than the gun may have been stolen and used in a crime.

Police said when Carolyn Ries called 911, she never mentioned she had a two year old in the house, so they made the call a low priority

What, she could not keep the child inside untill her "emergency" was handled.

It looked like the gun had been treated like crap. It mist likely ran away and thought it could find a good home with the nice lady. And the mean old woman call the Po-lice ont the poor helplesss gun. Bad, woman, bad!!!

I am glad she called 911 her lack of knowledge was more dangerous then the gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top