JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hammer down on a SA auto that does not have a firing pin safety. I have several pre MK 3 BHPs like that. Never carry such a gun, hammer down

That would be my guess...older SA or one of the "hammer safeties" did not quite function the way it is supposed to. Either way dropping it in the store out of the holster I would say means the holster was not a good fit for that gun in the first place. Nothing I have is loose enough to slip from the holsters I use for them. Unless someone picks me up upside down and shakes me...

Good God!! Secure the damned weapon!!

Seriously, with all the flack we already get about guns lately you would think all people would take all precautions they can to show safety on our part. A good holster and always being aware of it...I check when I get out of the car to be sure it is pushed down and secure even though I know it is. No different than checking your chamber over and over before cleaning, dry firing. Every mistake gives them more ammo to say we are careless gun nuts and a danger to all citizens. If your gun does not fit quite right in the holster then buy a new damn holster!

Bet it was a Tarus
I have had 3 taurus 605 revolvers and they all worked perfectly. My Rossi 971 4 inch .357 has had thousands of rounds and never had an issue. Rossi lever action rifle .357 has had countless rounds and again no issues from day one through now.
Never have shot a Taurus Semi but from all the experience with their revolvers I trust those for personal defense. I have heard to much back and forth to trust a Taurus semi as of yet since there are so many options I am familiar with and know to be reliable when looking for a new pistol. They make some great guns and so I hear some bad ones but I seriously doubt a woman that age was carrying a Taurus. Probably a older gun like a PPK or something with a hammer she was careless with. Hammer back with no safety on or something along those lines. I cannot see a Glock, M&P or anything like that firing when dropped. Could happen I just think hammer back and safety off is most likely the cause.

I can't believe what i'm reading some of you are as bad as the libs!
Blaming the firearm! Blaming the holster!

Did anyone else read the article?

It was a woman with a firearm. Accident waiting to happen.

(That was joke)

Now lowes will have a sticker on their door "No weapons allow"

As do many stores but if your gun is concealed nobody should be aware anyhow. Plus those stickers are sure hard to see when you have tunnel vision on whatever tool or material you came for. I know I never go in to browse. Usually go in because I need something now that I am in the middle of a project on. I never look at all the little signs on store windows or doors. If they want me to see it it better be extremely large and impossible to walk by without seeing it.

There are idiots everywhere, we can't control stupid. Take 20 people you work with they all can probably own a gun, just as they all can drive a car, and reproduce.

I'm sure the ratio of customers injured by guns to customers injured by returded Lowes employees on forklifts is in the realm of 30:1.

And this is local news, not national. A big part of the mass perception problem we have in this country is that news has become tabloid/gossip- they don't bring you stories that matter to you, they bring you stories that will make you have an emotional response. They don't care if the story is from 1000 miles away and has absolutely no bearing or application to your life. As such, someone in a totally different state of millions of people (probably not millions, in WY, but I'm generalizing) has an incident, it gets made national news, and now the other 300,000,000 people think it's a representative sample. Actually, it's a one-in-three-hundred-million isolated incident.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top