Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Woman accidentally shot at lowes

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by clearconscience, Jan 3, 2014.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Hammer down on a SA auto that does not have a firing pin safety. I have several pre MK 3 BHPs like that. Never carry such a gun, hammer down

3. 40calruler

40calruler Lake Oswego Well-Known Member

That would be my guess...older SA or one of the "hammer safeties" did not quite function the way it is supposed to. Either way dropping it in the store out of the holster I would say means the holster was not a good fit for that gun in the first place. Nothing I have is loose enough to slip from the holsters I use for them. Unless someone picks me up upside down and shakes me...

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Good God!! Secure the damned weapon!!

5. bloodnguts

bloodnguts Seattle Member

I wish the story wasn't so vague, I wonder what's going to happen to CC'er?

6. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

....and that is why I shop the Ace/TrueValue.

Sun195 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. 40calruler

Seriously, with all the flack we already get about guns lately you would think all people would take all precautions they can to show safety on our part. A good holster and always being aware of it...I check when I get out of the car to be sure it is pushed down and secure even though I know it is. No different than checking your chamber over and over before cleaning, dry firing. Every mistake gives them more ammo to say we are careless gun nuts and a danger to all citizens. If your gun does not fit quite right in the holster then buy a new damn holster!

sailorfej and (deleted member) like this.
  8. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Bet it was a Tarus

9. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Easy now!

10. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Put the gun in a holster, wear said holster/gun on your person.

11. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

:bsflag:

This was no accident. Only negligence.

12. 40calruler

I have had 3 taurus 605 revolvers and they all worked perfectly. My Rossi 971 4 inch .357 has had thousands of rounds and never had an issue. Rossi lever action rifle .357 has had countless rounds and again no issues from day one through now.
    Never have shot a Taurus Semi but from all the experience with their revolvers I trust those for personal defense. I have heard to much back and forth to trust a Taurus semi as of yet since there are so many options I am familiar with and know to be reliable when looking for a new pistol. They make some great guns and so I hear some bad ones but I seriously doubt a woman that age was carrying a Taurus. Probably a older gun like a PPK or something with a hammer she was careless with. Hammer back with no safety on or something along those lines. I cannot see a Glock, M&P or anything like that firing when dropped. Could happen I just think hammer back and safety off is most likely the cause.

13. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I can't believe what i'm reading some of you are as bad as the libs!
    Blaming the firearm! Blaming the holster!

Did anyone else read the article?

It was a woman with a firearm. Accident waiting to happen.

(That was joke)

14. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Now lowes will have a sticker on their door "No weapons allow"

15. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

And I will ignore it like the others.

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  16. 40calruler

As do many stores but if your gun is concealed nobody should be aware anyhow. Plus those stickers are sure hard to see when you have tunnel vision on whatever tool or material you came for. I know I never go in to browse. Usually go in because I need something now that I am in the middle of a project on. I never look at all the little signs on store windows or doors. If they want me to see it it better be extremely large and impossible to walk by without seeing it.

Working 4 U and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Why do these NDs always seem to happen at Home Depot and Lowes?

18. eriksreality

eriksreality Beaverton Member

The gun just wanted to go shopping. Guns besides killing people,they like to shop at Lowes

19. razormanxx

razormanxx eugene Active Member

There are idiots everywhere, we can't control stupid. Take 20 people you work with they all can probably own a gun, just as they all can drive a car, and reproduce.

20. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm sure the ratio of customers injured by guns to customers injured by returded Lowes employees on forklifts is in the realm of 30:1.

And this is local news, not national. A big part of the mass perception problem we have in this country is that news has become tabloid/gossip- they don't bring you stories that matter to you, they bring you stories that will make you have an emotional response. They don't care if the story is from 1000 miles away and has absolutely no bearing or application to your life. As such, someone in a totally different state of millions of people (probably not millions, in WY, but I'm generalizing) has an incident, it gets made national news, and now the other 300,000,000 people think it's a representative sample. Actually, it's a one-in-three-hundred-million isolated incident.

accessbob and (deleted member) like this.