JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure looks that way. Why are the elk just hanging out? You would think they would move along.

on a side note, I wish I found some of those elk hunting this year!

There's some nice bulls there!!! When we hunted Mt. Emily just a few years ago, we were lucky to find spike bulls. Then after the wolves moved in, no elk at all. But I've been reading NWFA members comments that there have taken some good ones recently. And it's what, muzzleloader season now???

They recently dismissed the lawsuit blocking the delisting of wolves in Oregon:

Maybe we can start using some better control methods on the packs. I'd like to see a limited number of wolf tags to go out each year.

Trust me when I say that the ranchers in Oregon ARE taking care of those wolves whenever possible. There's been wolves down in the Steens 15 years ago. They didn't last long.
Family friend shot a 419 bull on Emily. Set the record.
The reason why those elk and wolves are standing there is most likely because the wolves have full belly's .

Hells bells bbbass, you guys were supposed to let me be the Eggman today. I never get to do anything good.

Okay, you can be the Eggman today... just for a few minutes tho. Then back to being a tiger.

Speaking of which.... The La Grande Tigers won the state title in their division last night!!!

There was a discussion about the reintroduction of wolves among some people I work with, a while back. I stay out of political discussions at work, myself, but their arguments were interesting.

I remember one older, know-it-all "woke" individual saying that wolves were a very good thing because they restore the "balance of nature", that wolf packs could thin the game herds naturally by killing the old and weak. There would no longer be any need for human hunting and it could eventually be completely banned as the barbaric practice it is.

I like wolves...and I am not against their reintroduction.
That said...

There is a reason why wolves were removed , one way or another , from a given area..
Before reintroducing an animal to an area...you gotta know if it can survive there , with how the area is now , not simply because the area is in the animal's historic range.
By survive , I mean to say partly , at least , as in not causing more of a negative impact to an existing issue...
Also one needs to reintroduce the species that was there historically ...not one that is close or related.
And...
Many times the decision to reintroduce a animal comes from folks who do not have to live in the area and deal with the effects of the reintroduction.

Any of the above can easily throw a monkey wrench into the reintroduction plan and actually make things worse off.
Andy

I like wolves...and I am not against their reintroduction.
That said...

There is a reason why wolves were removed , one way or another , from a given area..
Before reintroducing an animal to an area...you gotta know if it can survive there , with how the area is now , not simply because the area is in the animal's historic range.
By survive , I mean to say partly , at least , as in not causing more of a negative impact to an existing issue...
Also one needs to reintroduce the species that was there historically ...not one that is close or related.
And...
Many times the decision to reintroduce a animal comes from folks who do not have to live in the area and deal with the effects of the reintroduction.

Any of the above can easily throw a monkey wrench into the reintroduction plan and actually make things worse off.
Andy

And so they struck out on all three!!!

We have prints of wolves on our walls, they are pretty... that doesn't mean I want to live with the real thing!!! She Who Must Be Obeyed is bad enough cuz I'm sure that in reality she's a She-Wolf!!! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top