JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BA565E44-3A76-40E6-9625-4B6CE7D8AFBC.jpeg

The plan when I retired was to be on a beach in Tahiti this time of the year.

The reality was that I was forcefully retired earlier than planned and I couldn't travel now even if I was able to financially. But just the same, I wanted to be able to travel later this year when things settle down.

Got word a few days ago that the kids house is probably going to need a new roof. I am thinking that if this is the case, it will be tens of thousands of dollars (I am leaning towards a metal roof - if they are going to do it, then do it right - but that will probably be $40-$50K).

*sigh*

Looks like I will be working most of this year - if I am lucky enough to be able to keep working - and even then, once bad weather comes around again, may not feel financially able to travel - so stuck here for another dreary winter. :rolleyes::(

Oh well, still better off than most people - especially right now. Things could be a LOT worse than not being able to go to Tahiti like I planned.

The plan when I retired was to be on a beach in Tahiti this time of the year.

The reality was that I was forcefully retired earlier than planned and I couldn't travel now even if I was able to financially. But just the same, I wanted to be able to travel later this year when things settle down.

Got word a few days ago that the kids house is probably going to need a new roof. I am thinking that if this is the case, it will be tens of thousands of dollars (I am leaning towards a metal roof - if they are going to do it, then do it right - but that will probably be $40-$50K).

*sigh*

Looks like I will be working most of this year - if I am lucky enough to be able to keep working - and even then, once bad weather comes around again, may not feel financially able to travel - so stuck here for another dreary winter. :rolleyes::(

Oh well, still better off than most people - especially right now. Things could be a LOT worse than not being able to go to Tahiti like I planned.

Rates are pretty cheap right now. I'm thinking of taking a week off and going to the Keys or something.

Maldives live webcams - a few hundred miles south of India, ~ 12 hours ahead of our time. For a long time during the COVID hysteria there were no people on the beach - now a few are coming back - don't know if they are tourists or locals.

Lots more webcams on that site.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads