JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BA565E44-3A76-40E6-9625-4B6CE7D8AFBC.jpeg

The plan when I retired was to be on a beach in Tahiti this time of the year.

The reality was that I was forcefully retired earlier than planned and I couldn't travel now even if I was able to financially. But just the same, I wanted to be able to travel later this year when things settle down.

Got word a few days ago that the kids house is probably going to need a new roof. I am thinking that if this is the case, it will be tens of thousands of dollars (I am leaning towards a metal roof - if they are going to do it, then do it right - but that will probably be $40-$50K).

*sigh*

Looks like I will be working most of this year - if I am lucky enough to be able to keep working - and even then, once bad weather comes around again, may not feel financially able to travel - so stuck here for another dreary winter. :rolleyes::(

Oh well, still better off than most people - especially right now. Things could be a LOT worse than not being able to go to Tahiti like I planned.

The plan when I retired was to be on a beach in Tahiti this time of the year.

The reality was that I was forcefully retired earlier than planned and I couldn't travel now even if I was able to financially. But just the same, I wanted to be able to travel later this year when things settle down.

Got word a few days ago that the kids house is probably going to need a new roof. I am thinking that if this is the case, it will be tens of thousands of dollars (I am leaning towards a metal roof - if they are going to do it, then do it right - but that will probably be $40-$50K).

*sigh*

Looks like I will be working most of this year - if I am lucky enough to be able to keep working - and even then, once bad weather comes around again, may not feel financially able to travel - so stuck here for another dreary winter. :rolleyes::(

Oh well, still better off than most people - especially right now. Things could be a LOT worse than not being able to go to Tahiti like I planned.

Rates are pretty cheap right now. I'm thinking of taking a week off and going to the Keys or something.

Maldives live webcams - a few hundred miles south of India, ~ 12 hours ahead of our time. For a long time during the COVID hysteria there were no people on the beach - now a few are coming back - don't know if they are tourists or locals.

Lots more webcams on that site.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top