JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need scope bases for a left hand Winchester model 70, 300 win mag.

I really want Burris Signature rings as they don't mar the scope tube, and they work well.

Burris no longer makes dual medium dovetail signature rings. I can get the single dovetail universal but then I have an issue with the bases as Leupold states "for use on less than a 300 Win mag."

I may just bite the bullet and get leupold dual dovetail bases and buy two sets of Burris universals and use the two front rings only.

My favorite rifles have leupold dual dovetail bases with Burris 1" medium height signature rings. I run 40mm scopes and like them low and close to barrel.

I could go piticanny I suppose ..

Any ideas?

The firms that make scope mounts and rings discontinue stuff as time goes by. Like gloss finish components, which are way out of favor now vice matte finish. I have a Model 70 that I am just now fitting with a scope, and I read the fine print about magnum calibers and WSSM. My brand preference is for Leupold mounts and rings. For my 70, there are two sets of mounts, one is reversible. So I had to buy my scope first, then decide which mounts and rings to get. When you are trying to work around discontinued stuff, you sometimes have to do things as you suggest with buying two sets of Burris and using the one ring from each pair. Good luck.

The firms that make scope mounts and rings discontinue stuff as time goes by. Like gloss finish components, which are way out of favor now vice matte finish. I have a Model 70 that I am just now fitting with a scope, and I read the fine print about magnum calibers and WSSM. My brand preference is for Leupold mounts and rings. For my 70, there are two sets of mounts, one is reversible. So I had to buy my scope first, then decide which mounts and rings to get. When you are trying to work around discontinued stuff, you sometimes have to do things as you suggest with buying two sets of Burris and using the one ring from each pair. Good luck.
Agreed! I ended up getting what I wanted, but had to get two sets of the Burris rings to make one set! It will be perfect!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top