JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a new poster, but have been a lurker for sometime now. I'm thinking of shortening the barrel on my Winchester Classic SS 375 H&H. It's 24 inches now and rides quite high when I have it on my shoulder. It's been my gun for elk and big bear and I do enjoy the caliber. Cutting the barrel down will shave a bit of weight and also make it handier in timber. I was thinking of 18.5" with a good recrown. I would value opinions on length as well as a good smith to take it to. I live in Vancouver, WA but would drive to a gunsmith if they're good. I would like a very professional job and am willing to pay of course.

Thanks in advance,

Trailboss

May be a ways to go, but Todd Koonce in Salem could do it with no problems. First time I was there, a local SWAT team were there, dropping off some of their weapons for custom work.

He's done great work on my humble stuff, including a crown job and barrel replacement.

Koonce Custom Gunworks LLC

He's a one-man show and afternoon is the best time to call him.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top